Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

There is still some AO flickering in some areas.

My Flickr for all things flickry

chifu wrote:
bigboss154 wrote:I'm a noob at ENB stuff, but is there a reason why when I enable ENB I get a lot of texture shimmering and aliasing compared to when it is turned off?
I've got this problem too
with ENB : http://puu.sh/8tNpX.jpg
without ENB : http://puu.sh/8tNrn.jpg
Look at the sword in particular

Downsampling doesnt change this huge aliasing, only AA (through Nvidia inspector)
What's your config ? Are you using a 16/10 resolution too ? :D
16:10 user here too,yes it's res aspect ratio the reason,for example if you change your res to any 16:9 the texture "shimmering" is gone.I hope Boris could solve this out.

*master*

BigBoss

Well, shit, I hope I don't get banned. If VAC sees ENB as a cheat, then there will be a mass of people demanding a fix for that.

Also, just wanted to say that the link to the download page of 0.257 needs to be fixed. It currently directs to 0.256. (Or at least, it does for me)

What anbient parameter in the environmentvdirectly sffects illumination? I need to lighten an area a bit. Also is it just me or the ambientcurve still makes your character turn black when you change the default value of 1?

How are you testing this Boris? Are you warping between different zones and dying as this is when i crash now, I can get into the game about 10 percent of the time and play fine until i die or warp then i get the dark souls 2 has stopped working message and ctd. A topic between those with crashes is a good idea, I would set one up but have no idea how on this. I am so glad you are working on this game, it really needs it and it'll be played for years to come, thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lovely new update Boris. Oh how I wish you got as much satisfaction out of this game as I am. Just know that you're adding shiploads of fun to my life continuously. Keep doing what you do. And try to sell off your AO to the bigger companies while you're at it. I'd love to see more of that popping up.

That said, I'm also still getting the black characters (and sometimes even more textures are affected) when I use the Ambient Curve settings. Pity! I'd really like to fiddle with those. I'm not using the default shaders, if that helps, and I've also disabled OriginalPost/ObjectsProcessing.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

I opened up a topic regarding the crashes.
Everyone who's experiencing them, please leave a message here:
http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... 06&p=50680

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

victorruiz
Sorry, don't see any bloom issues myself.

kalicola
As i understand from steam forum, VAC ban means you can't play online mode of the game.

CyberPunked
Where ao flicker and how to get there?

Catharsis Mandate
I'm not playing the game at all and not testing it. If i know from reports where the bug is, then i seek for it. Now there is no reason to give test versions to users, because no single idea what can be wrong if others play without crashes at all. 1) no CTD. 2) CTD from time to time. 3) CTD while loading with all my mods, except very old generic. What is common between them and what's the difference?

Ambient curve was ok now for me, when developed. But now tested and see the bug again. Strange, gonna look at it again.

Download link fixed.

Ok would it help if I emailed you my save? I have opened up a load of places to warp so you could easily try going between areas from any bonfire and see if you experience crashes when warping. So far with all versions from the first dark souls enb 253 to the newest I get the same crashing upon death or warp and also upon loading. The saves are in Appdata/roaming/dark souls 2 I'm sure you can just swap out your save with mine and play offline. I never ctd with any of your other mods by the way I've been using them for years on fallout and Skyrim, this is honestly the first one I've had issues with.

I have to say that playing this game with ENB is so much better than vanilla. Thank you Boris for keep up updating even if you hate this game. No comparison with Skyrim,this is for sure.

I have no crashes,only that weird thing about 16:10 resolutions,I play on 1680x1050 and I too(as I've said on the previous page) have that ugly texture shimmering,something like streching(?), if I change to a 16x9(for example 1600x900) the issue is gone. Even with all the effects disabled ( not ENB off,only every feature) it's there.
Exactly like Chifu and Bigboss wrote. I don't know if it's fixable and you are willing to fix but I really hope that you will give it a shot(you know better if it's something easy or not,I wish I would help but I have no clue why this is happening,game engine's/shaders' fault?).

Also all your binaries for this game work with Afterburner with OSD enabled (nothing to do with the texture shimmering ofc,regardless if I run the game with or without Afterburner, the issue is there)