Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Aw right.
Just my 2 cents about it, and I'll second what spanian77 said.
To be honest, besides mountain's flickering @ Majula, I'm not having a single issue with the game.
Not perfect ? Sure. Buggy. Sure. Is it ENB's fault ? Nope. The game's 1000% more enjoyable with ENB than without it. Fact.
Nvidia's AO, in DSII, is pure shit. Let's spread the blacks and that's all. The game's adaptation is horrible by itself, and I can't figure if ENB could fix it or not :(
It's not a fanboy's speech, but facts again.
I'm enjoying this game because of its mechanics, and because of ENB.
Is it more to add upon it ? Nope. Boris only can estimate the task about developping it further or not, I guess. Whatever, let's breathe :)
CyberPunked wrote:
wickfut wrote:Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway now. It isn't going to be fixed. Turn off AO and force it via nVidia settings :)
You can't control the strength of it, meaning there is virtually no difference from vanilla.
Correct.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, i can't play this shit, 260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs. I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate. Use Durante mod or SweetFX, i'm sick of low quality bullshit which is equal or below indie games. You like it? Fine, just keep it for yourself, i'm not that blind and not mazohist. No more development, that's enough.
Hey Boris, the beginning is totally the hardest part of the game. I've already completed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, and I was stuck there for a pretty damn huge chunk of time. Once you get the ability to repair weapons the game opens up a lot more and becomes a lot more forgiving.

If you want, I could send over a copy of my save file if you just want a completed game save? If that's not possible, I'd be glad to make a new character then you could summon me to help you through the early game so you could get over that beginning hump.

Alo81 wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, i can't play this shit, 260 souls all i got and can't continue any more as sword is broken after killing few mobs. I rather drop this game instead of doing something for thing i hate. Use Durante mod or SweetFX, i'm sick of low quality bullshit which is equal or below indie games. You like it? Fine, just keep it for yourself, i'm not that blind and not mazohist. No more development, that's enough.
Hey Boris, the beginning is totally the hardest part of the game. I've already completed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, and I was stuck there for a pretty damn huge chunk of time. Once you get the ability to repair weapons the game opens up a lot more and becomes a lot more forgiving.

If you want, I could send over a copy of my save file if you just want a completed game save? If that's not possible, I'd be glad to make a new character then you could summon me to help you through the early game so you could get over that beginning hump.
He said he's done. Just lock this topic, someone.

ChaosDuck wrote:
Alo81 wrote:

He said he's done. Just lock this topic, someone.
It seems like he's hit a roadblock that's pretty common with most players. I totally see why he would want to stop development, but since he's already paid the money for the game, and myself as well as others have been able to sink over 80 hours into it, I figure with a bit of help he might be able to get more out of the game.

It isn't even about him continuing development or not, it's just unfortunate that he bought the game and isn't really getting what he paid for out of it. I think if he gets over that first hurdle, he could probably end up actually enjoying it more (i was having a hell of a time before then too), so I figure with others helping by summoning it would help him actually enjoy it.

To be honest, besides mountain's flickering @ Majula, I'm not having a single issue with the game.
This isn't an ENB issue. It's an issue with Nvidia's SLI drivers for Dark Souls 2. Also wear a full head helmet and go to heide's tower. That's when you get some real flickering.

My Flickr for all things flickry

Thanks Boris for all you've done for us and thanks for the 0.257 version.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones as I didn't have almost any AO or crashing issues and I've been through ~95% of the game's locations.
I had loads of fun playing, tweaking, shooting with ENB, constantly comparing it with vanilla and shaking my head in disbelief.

We want your AO / IL in more games! Please consider updating the generic version if it's at all possible and keep up the good work!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, i have very long continuing problems in the life and they make me depressed and nervious. Working/playing this game simply makes me mad very fast. It's just not for me or not for my current state. Even key binding is done by idiots or/and to make gameplay much harder. I don't want to attach gamepad, but guess right and left directional and action keys swapped for greater experience.

Boris,I know that feeling,that's why I wrote "frenzy"..very angry,very fast,like you said. Give EVERYTHING a break if you prefer.NOBODY with a bit of common sense/mind have the right to judge whatever you do. Simple as that. Change you ordinary schedule and change your point of view for some regular things you do,for some days/weeks,you will feel better,mind's auto maintenance it is.
"Trust me" .

For SLI users do this with Inspector,

first,use the sli bit 0x02400405

then make sure to change this one as it "tweaks" whatever this game needs to render everything correctly with multiple Nvidia gpus,

flag this bit 0x0095DEF9 with 0x00000002
( I mean make Inspector show the "unknown settings to the bottom,then find that bit and tweak it to read 02 flag).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Regarding trick with rolling, i can't watch now, by unknown reason many sites do not work for me. But if it's happen at very short period of time, i can't debug. To find the issue, i must have it always "visible" or toggling somehow to damp states and compare them. Well, time will say.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris, we know you're struggling with some aspects of life. You should develop stuff because you get something out of it, not because we demand it, beg for it or whatever. I agree, if something gets you down, either see it as a healthy challenge or move on. Your skillset is as unique as your character is iconic. I agree with Natty when he implies that playing with ENB is such an enhancement to a game, that it's hard to play without. I think I'll have a genuinely hard time going back to Dark Souls now that I've seen what is possible in Dark Souls 2 using ENB.

Forget about that AO thing or anything Souls-like. I'm also quite lucky that I don't get much in the way of flickering. Find something that brings you some joy, be that in computers or real life. Blade of Darkness sounds like a good idea because that game is AWESOME and killing a knight with a good one-two-combo is satisfying without end. To my mind, it resides in a niche of games together with Dark Souls, but I guess we disagree on that point. This reminds me that I still have to have a go at tweaking that Blade of Darkness ENB. And the Witcher 2 ENB... oh god, where am I going to get the time?

I hope you'll get to a better part of your life soon.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.