Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

For what it's worth, the game totally isn't dead.

It's still within the top 25 most played games on Steam - and that's during the sale where EVERYONE is playing the newest games. Dark Souls II is still sitting near the top.

Like the original Dark Souls before it, the souls games have some insane legs on them. The Dark Souls 1 subreddit is still really active, along with the DSII subreddit.

*master*

No point, no more updates. I'm just happy that my first playthrough was actually modded and not with the vanilla lighting.

Even if the .dll was continued, apart from fixing some AO flicker what else could be done with the game lighting?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You may tell anything, but i have my own web server statistic for each mod i did and know better what to modify. Explaining why steam users play ds2 or ds1 is wasting of time, think yourself.

ENBSeries wrote:You may tell anything, but i have my own web server statistic for each mod i did and know better what to modify. Explaining why steam users play ds2 or ds1 is wasting of time, think yourself.
Because they are good games that many people enjoy ? I think the number of views on this thread alone shows how much interest in this mod there is. I thought that your dislike for this game was the main reason why you stopped modding it, but if there are other reasons related to the data you collected through server statistics, I would very much like to hear them.

tapioks wrote:I hope that Boris instead finds motivation for (and interest in) working with DX11... though I know he has often expressed sentiments to the contrary :)
As far as I know DX11 is not compatible with XP, which he's using, according to his specs. I don't think he can really work on it, but I may be wrong.

ENBSeries wrote:You may tell anything, but i have my own web server statistic for each mod i did and know better what to modify. Explaining why steam users play ds2 or ds1 is wasting of time, think yourself.
Oh, I wasn't trying to convince you to continue working on it. I was just letting it be known that stuff like
yeah dude who plays dark souls 2 anymore i mean really
isn't true. Games totally popular and people are still actively playing it pretty heavily.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You damn perverts who think only about yourselves and don't even read my posts.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i tried to kill zombies to get souls to buy buggy helmet to fix ao flickering and deleted the game after half hour of fucking my nerves. I will not develop anything for this shit and don't care about anybody opinion, i have my own. Topic closed.

EDIT: topic opened again. But i do not accept complains, because ambient occlusion flickering happen without mod installed with NVidia ambient occlusion enabled, so it's game bug.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Okay, i tried to kill zombies to get souls to buy buggy helmet to fix ao flickering and deleted the game after half hour of fucking my nerves. I will not develop anything for this shit and don't care about anybody opinion, i have my own. Topic closed.

EDIT: topic opened again. But i do not accept complains, because ambient occlusion flickering happen without mod installed with NVidia ambient occlusion enabled, so it's game bug.

Nice one! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Something tells me Boris' is starting to like Dark Souls 2. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking because I'm so addicted to playing the game with an ENBseries mod (SO much better than without it). I really think you should try to do an ENB for the first Dark Souls. No matter how basic it would be.

I mean stuff like this is just amazing:

And Dark Souls is the better game when it comes to game design. Imagine what we could do. But yeah, you wouldn't get much traffic from it. Maybe we should start paying you for these ENB's we really want.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.