Blade Of Darkness 0.242

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Blade Of Darkness 0.242

Hi Boris.
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the response.

I know this game does not have the massive following of GTA, Skyrim or others. However, it is a bit of a lost treasure. And after 20 years it still hold its charm.
The ones that know about it hardly let it go, and there is an active modding community around it. I recommend you to try “gorentity” mod when they adapt it to this re-release. Great gore deaths but also can randomize enemies around the map making the game feel new for experienced players.

Here is the the amount of people that have used your ENB over the years. 23.000 just through my “Blade of Light” mod. Others have come directly to your site to get it. Don’t know if it is much but at least you will have the numbers. So you can judge yourself if it’s worth it.

In my opinion, in a game like this is where ENB has a bigger impact. Adds a massive new visual quality to the original.
Just with a basic bare-bones ENB for AO, Bloom, DOF and color correction the change is incredible. No need for time of day, weather, interior exterior, or other more sophisticated parts of your work.

Of course only you know how much work it is. Just wanted to share some numbers with you.

Best.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I had many favorite games and this is one of them, but i don't modify them, because it's too much time consuming and i will not see many people use it. Even new games have very short time of life, in first few days almost all people finish them and stop playing. Imagine how few of them do know about enbseries and wanna try it. I don't think many people can ignore game when it's released to wait for the mod. Same, they dont want to play game again after mod is released, because this game have low replay level. Because of too long development time i am stuck to modify just small number of long lasting games or, when lucky, modify some upcoming game as demo and pray final game will be the same. In such case online magazines may put some info about mod and people use it while playing the game. If i modify this game now, it will be the same as to throw money to the trashbin, users wait from me other things which i announced long ago but stopped cause of some life issues.

Boris,
I totally understand that your life and work has other priorities. And I hope any life issues resolve in your favor.

In relation to ENB. Is there any generic version for DX11 games? I remember there was some generic ENB for DX9.
I’ll like to try it to see if it can be hooked to this game by any chance.
Any version you can recommend?

Thanks for all the feedback.
Best.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, i didn't generic for dx11, because ReShade is better as generic version.

Ok. Reshade it is then :)
thanks again for the prompt response.

Take care and good luck with everything.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, stay safe.