Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.237

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.237

Shouldn't the DOF sheet+ini values together have a similar effect in an older ENB? There aren't any binary dependent values in the DOF sheet are there? And yeah, I am getting old, but I guess my lack of real coding knowledge is where my failings lie.

That said, just a heads up that with your new helper mod (FOSE) and the updated prepass+ini, I get NO DOF effect at all, not even after changing a lot of values. I'm going to try if the non-FOSE version does work later tonight.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

No, there are a few different variables in the older sheets, so the ini files only work with this version.
so, not binary dependent, but .fx file dependent.

that's strange cause it works fine with me..
try the vanilla version and see if that works, just to see where the problem lies.
Maybe i messed up by packing the wrong esp for FOSE.

i'll check that out rightaway.

EDIT: just checked, working fine with me, so you must have put a wrong file somewhere.
just to be sure i packed the ini file together with the prepass file for you.
FOSE version i uploaded works ok with me.
Maybe FOSE doesnt work correct on your end, if the vanilla version works you have to reinstall FOSE.
If you do make sure that it is in the Fallout root directory, and leave out the src dir, it holds the sourcecode for FOSE, you only need that if you want to reprogram it.
(Sometimes people install FOSE and don't even notice that it doesn't work cause they don't know what the mods that use them should do)
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6 ... ile%2c.rar

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, FOSE is up and running (the console tells me so). With the earlier prepass files you sent, I had problems; with the ones you just attached however, I have DOF functionality, even if it needs some tweaking to look right. I'll have a gander and see what I can do with this. It's great that I still have the old Autofocus DOF, and can toy with your new implementation, now.
I'll let you know later what I make of it. Thanks for your time in helping me further, again.

Still looking forward to a lot of your WIP mods... keep at it!

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

right on, yeah the manual focus needs to be set correctly.
But i also noticed that Manual (static dof) focus is not static at all in your sheet, it adapts when you are close to objects.
I suspect that is a highly experimental dof sheet that you have there, while some stuff is nice, i still prefer an earlier dof sheet over this.
Also because the quality of the earlier version is better.
But i collect them all, i'm making a ENB config with tons of extra effects in it, all easily changable into other configs.
For the time being just for myself, later to be included in my weather mod.

My shooter mod is really becoming mature now, the sprinting and recoil i have deviced now are out of this world.
also included very sexy auto heal, default stimpak based, but can be switched off in cheat menu ofcourse, for the cheaters.
all functions are going to have upgrade points, so you earn upgrade points, that let you invest in faster healing speed,
or shorter healing delay times, or if you choose so faster sprinting, more gun damage, less spread,
much like the badass tokens in borderlands, ofcourse i need to play through the game a few times with it to balance everything out.
i will give you a updated version soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, it is pretty experimental. I found it here on enbdev, and while it is short on a few functions, it's pretty good when it comes to the ratio of performance vs. quality. I can never stick with a single sheet long, but this one is pretty good all around, I thought, and it gives me clean bokeh DOF at pretty intense values, which comes off well with screenshots:

Really, the only thing that I'm finding a pain nowadays is changing the quality settings around because it takes more time than anything else. But I'll admit, it's a screenshot DOF and not so much a good gameplay DOF.

You should pass me a couple you like whenever you've made them work with with the new ENB DOF Helper mod. Oh, and maybe you'd like the new functions added in this one:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44752/?

*sensei*

thats what i find nasty too, to find the right settings, i did tweak a DOF to be very good for my playing use however.
its here :
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6 ... ile%2c.rar

it works with the helper mod and the new binary and has GUI controls.

by the way, you know that BOKEH just means unsharp in Japanese right ?

*master*

Marcurios ...

Can you hook me up with great cloud textures please? :roll:

*sensei*

there are a bunch in my Weather mods for FO3 and FNV, you can use them if you wish.
Just credit me if you ever release them on the Nexus, that's all i ask.

*master*

I looked at them but they were in a bsa file. I tried some program and it failed. Got a program to suggest me?

*sensei*

FOMM has a bsa extractor, if you don't want to use FOMM lemme know,
i still have them on my disk so i could zip'm up for you.