Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

if you set the alpha values of the smoke/fog meshes in Fallout some higher and make the mesh fog colors darker then the
smoke effects are very realistic, albeit somewhat less noticable, but you can also use a different shading flag in the meshes to make it look a lot better.

i'm currently redoing the parameters of a lot of these meshes to make them look better.
also altering the shading flags of hair meshes so they are really transparent.
i will post these meshes when they're done.

the only thing that still bothers me sometimes is the transparency of the guns while zooming.
in earlier versions it was less noticable, the latest version also let's color bleed through and much more detail.

but normally when i'm zooming i'm shooting, so when i'm shooting i'm not going to look at it,
so i will just accept it, cause the overall game looks 100x better with ENB.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Xilandro
Исправлять не буду, в этой игре разделить прозрачные объекты от непрозрачных для создания фильтра, нереально.
Не вопрос. Кстати на скрине ниже прикрутил сглаживание через драйвер, пришлось правда повозиться с флажками совместимости, старый флажок с деффером не работал. Очень удивлен что сработало и не убило фпс.

Marcurios wrote: the only thing that still bothers me sometimes is the transparency of the guns while zooming.
There's no more transparency while zooming in 193 and 216 wtih AO and shadows enabled

proof

just make sure you don't have this old fix http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49420/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

А какие настройки для сглажки в драйверах? Скриншот бы

*sensei*

Well waddayaknow, it seems i have been sleeping again.

i built that fix into my weather mod and forgot that i had it on, so i disabled it and you are right, no more transparency !!

thanks for waking me up Xilandro..

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:А какие настройки для сглажки в драйверах? Скриншот бы
Вот. Как оказалось движок работает с compatibility флагом для скайрима (кстати этот же флаг работает и в скайриме с енб, правда бьет по фпс куда сильней)
http://imageshack.us/a/img5/1170/z83g.jpg

вот это старый флаг, под 0173 и более старые версии
http://imageshack.us/a/img407/8575/n56x.jpg

Marcurios wrote:Well waddayaknow, it seems i have been sleeping again.

i built that fix into my weather mod and forgot that i had it on, so i disabled it and you are right, no more transparency !!

thanks for waking me up Xilandro..
np man) I was also surprised after updating from 173 to 216 =)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Спасибо, как проверю, выложу всем на обозрение

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Спасибо, как проверю, выложу всем на обозрение
Да незачто. Я совсем не знаю как оно будет работать на других компах, особенно с разными модами. Gopher пробовал на такой же как у меня карте и у него было мерцание текстур, скорее всего именно какой-то мод. Или программа с оверлеем типа Dxtory, или афтербёрнер. Я спросил что у него за моды и что установлено, пока жду ответа.

*sensei*

Sometimes, i still have gun transparency all of a sudden.
When i turn around in some cases while i'm crouched.

Overall, no problems with the latest version.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I found some places where it occur, but in new vegas only, in fallout 3 don't see this issue.

I'm almost certain this happens whenever the game's refraction shader is called. You can avoid this entirely by disabling the shader in both of the game's ini files. However, the tradeoff is that all effects that use that shader will be disabled. All stealthboy effects (including those on Nightkin and the player), and gas-trap effects no longer appear. Gas traps will be completely invisible, and Nightkin will always be uncloaked.

Unless a fix is made of course :)