Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.216

it's not OS or graphic card or PC related, cause it works with FO3, just not with New Vegas.
The only thing i can think of is that my tga file is not the right bit depth.

that's one thing i haven't checked yet, i'll check the Original tga file to see if the bit depth matches my tga file.

EDIT: i just set elenzreflectionintensity to 10 and it seems that it does work, only not the way i thought it would work.
its just a big blurry off-centre disc while i made a distinct shape, i guess it does not render a detailed shape.

doesn't matter, i enjoy the new ENB immensely, it is absolutely fabulous, the stability of my game is extremely well now.
The ENB gets better and better all the time, thanks again Boris.

*sensei*

lenzreflection is not sunsprite.
You know what? Check this one http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38212/
Yes, it works great for fallout enb.

*sensei*

my bad, i said it from the top of my head, what i ment was this
float ELenzIntensity=0.25;
from the enbsunsprite.fx file.
i had set that one to 10 instead on 0.25 briefly
now i have it at 1.00

EDIT: tried Kyo's and JawZ sunsprite, doesn't work either.
looks like the binary does not use the external file.

al i see is this, no matter what sunsprite files i use.

just put my old .161 back, and no sunsprite either, also, the color processing of the old binary is somewhat more natural.
and although the game crashes more often with the old binary, the framerate is much higher.
i get a stuttering 30 fps with the new binary with enbboost, and a solid and smooth 50 fps with .161.

i have set the memory manager to have 1024 mb vid ram, like my card has.
i left the rest as it was.

If i have to compare i would say that the good things of .161 where the color processing and shadow intensity settings and performance.
and the good things from the new binary is the AO, shadows, and edge AA and drasticly better game stability.
So overall the new Binary is indeed much better, but i do still see a little room for improvement.
i wish New Vegas was as popular as Skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

New Vegas on my pc
And performance is also fine.

*sensei*

Yep, i definitely see that it works ok with you.

I will mess around with it some more, usually i'll find out why it doesn't work if i keep at it.
If i find out i'll let you know, in case others have the same problem in the future.

Performance was good for a while strangely, i don't know why it dropped all of a sudden.
The loading stutters are much better by the way and stability too, much much better.
but for some reason it started to become jerky with a low framerate and it keeps being that way, if i temporarily switch back to the .161 dll all is fast again.
so i presume that my memory manager settings are bad.

i have 1 gb of VRAM and 8 gb of system Ram, and these are my memory manager settings;
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=1024

do you think this should be OK ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can't say about memory setting, everything individual and what is fine for me not work for others. Try to set vram size to 800 and if not help with performance, change to 2000. Lower performance may mean that system memory used (non local vram, damned shit) or not much space left in vram and dynamic vertices and textures loading/unloading frequently. Unfortunately in dx8/9 vram is not divided on to real vram and fake "agp memory" or "non local vide memory", so any video memory management can't beat own d3d manager which have access to vram types separately, but cost too much ram.

*sensei*

OK, so you can't actually make sure that only VRAM is used exclusively, that's a bummer.
i thought that i disabled agp memory in my bios, so it should not use my system Ram to emulate VRAM.
i'll check that to be sure, if it is not the case i'll try some different settings there too.
Does DX10 and 11 have options to use only real VRAM and not emulated agp ?
i will try to change some of those settings you suggested from the memory manager VRAM size when it happens again.

i say when it happens again cause i just did what Xilandro said yesterday, i did a total reinstall
of Fallout New Vegas without any mod or DLC and the performance is perfect now, but i still have no sunsprite.
Well i'm going to give up on that sunsprite i gues cause i have been trying stuff for 8 hours now.

but performance is good with just your files.
so now i'm going to change line by line in my enbseries.ini and every time restart and play the game to see when performance drops, if it even does.

if i find something interesting, i'll let you know.

EDIT: i copied all my old settings back to enbseries.ini one by one and i still got perfect performance.
Also reinstalled all my mods, it's running perfect and lightning fast.
must have been something in my savegame, have no other idea what it could have been.

*sensei*

I have got it running perfect now, even when it rains with my weather mod the framearate stays at a solid 45-55 fps and
the game just does not crash anymore, at all, even when 20 enemies come at you blasting or when my autosave mod is saving the game.

this latest ENB for Fallout is just brilliant, i also got contrast and brightness working with ENB bloom and #applygamecolorcorrection enabled all in one fx file.
So i have the best possible (my preference ofcourse) configuration and it runs like a dream.

the game runs smoother and better with all my mods then Vanilla Fallout with no mods, my scripted recoil mod is smooth as butter,
it is almost a perfect shooter now.

you are one magnificent programmer Boris.

just wanted to say it again.

*sensei*

Нашел баг в 0.216
Detailed shadows отчетливо видно сквозь огонь
Только что проверил - так же видно сквозь пыль. Скорее всего такая фигня сквозь все полупрозрачные объекты.
Проверил 0.194 - то же самое.
В 0.173 этого нет, но там не деффер.

Может быть беда с драйверами (бета 326.80, пришлось из-за карты новой установить, вполне возможно что именно драйвер говно), попробую с 314 вечером, надеюсь карта его схавает.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Xilandro
Исправлять не буду, в этой игре разделить прозрачные объекты от непрозрачных для создания фильтра, нереально.