TES Skyrim 0.209

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.209

So it seems that I can use

uExterior Cell Buffer=100
uGridsToLoad=9

but

uExterior Cell Buffer=144
uGridsToLoad=11

Will get me a infinite loading screen lol
Probably sometime to do with my PC.

Oh well 9 still looks great and the performance is good too thanks to this memor fix :D

vamp

I can tell you how to make ugrids 11 work, but i dont know how long you will remain in-game without ctd/freeze.

set the ugrids to 11 and open console in main menu (~) then type: "coc wilderness"

Hope this helps :D

It's ok Im just going to stay on ugrids7

9 seemed ok at first but after a few minutes it would freeze (no ctd) even though the ram was under 1000

Ugrids has allways been unstable.

I played almost one year with uGirds7 and it was stable as long as you don't use cloaking scripted mods like wet and cold etc. those mods become real CTD-monsters once you have too much NPCs rendered.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I always just stay at uGrids=5. It's safe and with enhanced distant terrain mods (such as Enhanced Distance Terrain =P ) things look pretty good. However, getting a little back on topic, it would be interesting to see how many of us can increase uGrids with the new memory settings and get stable results. I suspect I'll get a huge fps hit though. Going from 1k to 2k textures in whiterun (amidianborn) dropped my performance from consistent 38-42 fps down to 12-14.5 fps. No idea what uGrids=7 will do. I'll test that tomorrow. Heading to bed now.

Edit: I think the spam filter has finally let me go. I'm free! Actual test results can be posted (tomorrow)!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fragsnippy
enbhost.exe not working for you

Whatever i tried, don't see difference in memory usage with ugrid setting, so i don't think that crashes with higher ugrid happen because out of memory.

Bronze316 wrote: @Rexawl,
One user was able to resolve the "dull colors" issue with Project ENB v0.209 stress test, by starting a new game with CoT. I'm not sure why that worked for them, as my game has plenty of color and great performance with this new binary. I'm still researching a better solution for those who are affected by it.
Please provide more info on your game and specs, etc. So far we know that you're a Nvidia user, but do you have SkyRE and/or SKSE installed?
Yeah, just saw that. New game is not an option for me. But i'll try to start a new game, wait till wagon arrive and if i see ENB working as it should, will load my current save.
Yes, i have Skyre, SKSE. I can't post my mods list because of "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs."
If new game wont work i'll try post later.
Jafin16 wrote:That's quite odd... Try another preset (E ENB or Realvision maybe) just to see if you have the same problem with those. I'd say try another of Bronze316's but those may have a common problem. As you said, it might be hard to tell with default enb files.
Also, and this might be a no brainer, but have you tried hitting shift+F12 after the game starts?
I will try another, but even with only wrapper version ENB problem occure.
Yes i tried hitting shift+F12 and there is a difference, so clearly - ENB is working, but not the way it is meant to be.
yooo wrote:Rexawl
make sure: UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false in enblocal.ini
false

UPD: Start a new game does not work for me. Using a different ENB was a terrible experience, so now I'm staying with Kountervibe ENB Extensive by Kyokushinoyama which was the last that I was playing, and the only worthy after Project ENB by Bronze316 v.119.
Last edited by Rexawl on 25 Aug 2013, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Flickering color etc in loading screen is a behavior from IgnoreLoadingScreen=false. There is no fix.

*master*

Instead of using uGrids tweaks, I leave mine at the default 5, but I use the mod "Skyrim Distance Overhaul" with the new "Animated Waterfalls and Windmills". No CTD issues, since the risk is far less compared to changing the uGrids, and I still get a very good LOD scenery improvement.

Hi everyone,

I'm probably gonna sound like a bit of a n00b here, but I have a GTX 690 which is a 4GB card but it's a dual GPU card so it runs as 2x2GB. So I'm not sure about what number to set in VideoMemorySizeMb, 2048 or 4096! :(

Any ideas???
Thanks, appreciate it.