TES Skyrim 0.209

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.209

Rexawl wrote:
GArfink wrote:How did you solve the translucent sun problem?????
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Display] solves the sun problem. (default is 0)

Still having a problem with dull colors. Tried to turn off all light changing mods - no changes.
During loading menu - everything is fine, second before loading ends - colors become dim.

Had to roll back to 0.199, and i can say that ENB v.209 is MUCH faster. :)
Thanks guys!

Jafin16 wrote:Rexawl
Are you using the enb helper mod? Try disabling that if you are to see if that's causing issues. It's known for being a bit buggy.
I think no, because i don't even know what it is.

I am using Project ENB by Bronze316 with d3d9.dll v.209 from WrapperVersion folder.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rexawl;

If you have a esp named "enb_reference.esp" in your Data folder then you are using the helper mod. But it will not cause that Sun problem.

For testing purposes remove or rename you skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini (also remove the skyrimprefs located in SteamApps/Skyrim/skyrim folder)
Then run the Skyrim Launcher set the settings to the values you want, keep in mind activating hardware anti-aliasing will disable some effects just as you were to set the UseDefferedRendering= to false.

Then go inside the skyrimprefs.ini and only make sure these commands have a 1 and not a 0 after the equal sign, don't do any other changes and start up Skyrim and test and see if it works;

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1

This is to make sure there aren't any badly set ini changes that is most likely the cause for your problems, as no one else seems to be having them.

*sensei*

Boris
Stopped using sweetfx around 0.201 I think :)
Kinda solved my problem, seems my gfx cards don´t like to stay around 60 and vary the workload a lot. Almost the same reason I can´t use v-sync, except that v-sync might also drop performance after a load-screen :>
Each time I come to an area where I can get those small 0.5 sec spikes, my cards are unable to follow up with spike cause it is not working at or close to max.
Increasing resolution helped not only on the spikes but also makes fps more fluid even if it 15 fps less than lower res cause cards are working close to max all the time^^
My regular run, except ending in Windhelm at the boats instead of Whiterun.
For me 2560, 2688 and maybe 2816 VideoMemorySizeMB seems to work very well, prbly use 2688MB I guess. Lower seems not enough and higher increase chance of spikes :>

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
EnableVSync=false
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0
FixPhysics=true

--JawZ-- wrote:Rexawl;

If you have a esp named "enb_reference.esp" in your Data folder then you are using the helper mod. But it will not cause that Sun problem.
The problem is not with the sun, it is with a dim colors.
I posted two screenshots earlier.
And no, i am not using enb_reference.esp.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

the ini settings controls more than just the float pointrendertarget which ENB needs, improper ini setting or settings can be the cause for the problem you have. It does not take long to check if it is a faulty ini setting with the method I posted above.

--JawZ-- wrote:the ini settings controls more than just the float pointrendertarget which ENB needs, improper ini setting or settings can be the cause for the problem you have. It does not take long to check if it is a faulty ini setting with the method I posted above.
Reverting back to the original *. INI was the first thing I did.
Nothing.
Tried again just that - nothing.

Here are the new screenshots of the problem:
1. Loading screen - ENB works as it should, all the effects are present.
2. Half second after, when load almost ends - effects are gone, and colors become almost vanilla.

A second after a full game downloads - and it's a big ugly, almost vanilla graphics.
Bronze316 - the author of Project ENB is just now trying to solve this problem (i hope). And the problem is not so rare as it seems, judging by the posts on the nexus mod page.

Here are the original screenshots, for better quality:
Before
http://i.imgur.com/itoMOug.jpg
After
http://i.imgur.com/MValFSl.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try a different preset, maybe something will change.
But it is very strange, everything would be okay if just do not work, but no, it works and at some point just shuts down.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok then, have you tried by using all the ENB files found in the binary download zip folder to see if they have the same problem?

--JawZ-- wrote:Ok then, have you tried by using all the ENB files found in the binary download zip folder to see if they have the same problem?
Yes.
It is harder to tell the difference with default ENB and example is not the best, but here it is:

ENB working as it should:
http://i.imgur.com/Tf8rxxr.jpg
Right before load ends something changes:
http://i.imgur.com/gTlMtLt.jpg

Again, the difference between pictures half a second.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rexawl

That's quite odd... Try another preset (E ENB or Realvision maybe) just to see if you have the same problem with those. I'd say try another of Bronze316's but those may have a common problem. As you said, it might be hard to tell with default enb files.

Also, and this might be a no brainer, but have you tried hitting shift+F12 after the game starts?