TES Oblivion 0.181

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Oblivion 0.181

I started play Oblivion again after a long break, and made a new preset.
I've run into a problem with the moon? in daylight. At first I thought I was getting a double sun effect, and tried turning off sunrays and stuff, even replaced the enbsunsprite. Then after turning off the enb, realised it was one of the moons.

At least I think it's a moon. I tried playing with the moon settings, but remained the same. Anyone have any idea's?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know, moon is affected by parameters in enbseries.ini, but if you can't make them work properly, then probably something is wrong in game ini setting or any kind of mod installed, which modify moon (so my mod can't detect moon).
My moon affected by it's parameters:

OK, thanks for the quick reply.
I backed up my oblivion.ini, deleted it, then ran the launcher and let it generate a default one. Didn't change anything I'm afraid.
This is the best I can get it, showing my settings this time:

Unfortunately, makes no difference if set to 0:

But things go pretty normal if I disable Sky altogether:

Changing the moons intensity DOES make a difference to it during a night cycle, but as you can see this is Daytime.

It's almost like that particular moon is rendered as a, um, half an object for default, but the enb is treating it as a whole, but in reality, if you look close at this one, you can see that the default has shadow down most of it:

One last thing, a quick google search found thismod has the same problem, as reported by fcara1 at the bottom of the page. I haven't downloaded that yet to see what's in there, but I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I just multiply output color of the moon, this code can't be buggy, the problem is on game side, because it draw moon mask the wrong way, semitransparent (interpolation between masked and full, to be exact). There is no data for for moon phases, because it's initially wrong from degenerate coders, it can't be rescaled, subtracted or anything else. Find moon mask texture and fix it yourself.

Ok, I have three minor issues with the latest ENB. I've had them for a while and I'm not sure how to fix them.

Firstly, if I activate the ambient occlusion and then use the "tfc" -no commas - command (entered from the in-game console) and get really close to the player's or an npcs skin, for some reason I can see the mesh faces that make up the model of that npc.
<*spoiler*>
<*/spoiler*>
I also seem to have issues with shadows vanishing at certain camera angles as well as when shadows overlap.

The overlapping shadows issue can be seen when the shadows of two actors overlap.
<spoiler>
</spoiler>
The shadow on the right seem to "cut off" the actor shadow on the left of the picture.

Finally (although to only seems to happen under certain circumstances*), shadows just vanish entirely for no reason when the camera is at a certain angle.

In the first picture, the shadows are clearly visible, but after I've turned the camera angle to the left slight in the second picture, they've completely disappeared. The shadow issue don't normally occur, but happen when I activate shadow blurring.

<*spoiler*>

<*/spoiler*>
Thanks for a great ENB 8-)

*PS - The circumstances this bug occurs under a quite strange and very specific. First, you must be playing as a female elf (particularly a dark elf) and be in the Burma castle great hall. Stand in the middle of the hall, hold down the mouse wheel and move the camera around like that and you should trigger the bug.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

1) Oblivion version do not use deffered rendering for drawing normals and triangulation artifacts are visible of course. Unfixable.
2) Very hard to find case when shadow is buggy, every time users reports i can't see issue myself.
Anyway, i gave up with oblivion version, don't see any reason to continue development.

Здравствуйте, Борис!
Оценил Вашу надстройку - действительно, очень масштабно. Мелкие проблемы, разумеется, есть - но на то они и мелкие. Есть и вопрос, правда - отчего-то некорректно отрисовываются некоторые прозрачные текстуры - взрывы, врата и т.п. при включеном SSAO. При том, только под определёнными углами - к примеру, врата становятся серыми лишь при взгляде с одной стороны. К системам частиц это не относится - работают прекрасно. Код оного шейдера открыт - или внутри самой длл? А то думал поковырять, заодно и хлсл вспомнить - когда (если) жена разрешит :) Да, и есть ли описания на числовые параметры? А то всякие там "AO Type" от 0 до 5 вроде - малоинформативно :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Не замечал подобных проблем. Может просто ворота как модель глючная без рендеринга в глубину? В скайриме такое часто встречается. Ссао и много всяких прочих шейдеров внутри мода.

Выходные... Наконец-то выловил часок на побегать и понял, как сформулировать проблему. Алгоритм SSAO затеняет в том числе и треугольники, освещение вообще игнорирующие (ну а как ему понять-то?). А работает с направленностью, вот Врата и взрывы, когда их плоскости против света стоят, и сереют. И тень отбрасывают ещё :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ссао влияет на все объекты, которые рисуются в глубину и сам по себе алгоритм никак не зависим от света, это корректное поведение. А вот ssil просчитывается с учетом освещения.