TES Oblivion 0.181

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Oblivion 0.181

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion (TES Oblivion, Обблевон)

Graphic mod ENBSeries 0.181

Restored detailed shadows, fixed bugs with new shadows and hair lighting. Added another ssao computation code (from 0.077 for Oblivion, better for characters). Added twelve mixing types for ssao for best characters lighting. Added interior and day/night globals to enbeffectprepass.fx and enbbloom.fx (similar to enbeffect.fx).
Actually this is the only version i can play myself, because developed the mod of very old versions only to make better lighting of characters (environment objects are crappy). Screenshots from 0.076 version can be found in gallery, but this one contain same code, improved of course. Btw, i deleted from the forum 0.077.

Re: TES Oblivion 0.181

Sweet a new binary already!

I'll get on this in a few hours when I finish some RL work I have to do :D

~Cheers

Did a short run switching effects on and off and changing variables in the GUI around to see what affect they have and so far the only really obvious bug is the ShadowBlurring one that I posted before which makes the characters shadow brighter indoors (detailed shadow lightens the shadow a bit but otherwise seems fine). I'll do more testing once I've had some sleep!

BTW Good job fixing the lighting on the hair!

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't understand, that bug is fixed for me. Did you find it in same place? Are you sure game is configured properly?

EDIT: you right, i see that bug, it was decreased a lot, but still visible on some parts of objects where decals are. Don't know how to fix this yet, previous bugfix was very tricky already.

Did some more testing and found some (a couple are bugs I reported in earlier versions). Running the steam version with all the DLC active but no other mods with default Ultra settings and the required changes made (AA Off, HDR On, Actor Self Shadowing On, no other changes). Video driver settings are all application controlled with no optimizations or forced settings (still using AMD 7970 with 13.6 Beta 2 drivers though). I've included my Oblivion.ini, enbseries.ini, and save files.

NOTE: I don't know if this matters but I noticed when I quit Oblivion there are multiple 'Lav Splitter' icons on my task bar which are part of the codecs installed by the K-Light Codec pack I'm using to watching anime and TV shows on my PC. I don't know why that icon is active since I usually only see it when I'm watching a video and thought it would be worth mentioning. Now to the screenshots.

There seems to be a bug with Detailed Shadows and Indirect Lighting. At this spot I am seeing a brown overlay on the ground, it's actually night time here and I have made the image a lot brighter so you can hopefully see whats going on without it being completely black;

Detailed Shadows ground bug save game;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/srjag ... nd_Bug.ess

Detailed Shadows & IL On

Detailed Shadows On, IL Off (hard to see in this SS, but the area under/around the bush has a bit less of the brown overlay);

Detailed Shadows & IL Off;

Detailed Shadows Off, IL On (hard to see in this SS, but the area under/around the bush has a bit more of the brown overlay);

Next up, I noticed the glowing column of light on top of Vilverin seemed to disappear at certain angles and that the glowing ball of light in the middle of it was completely gone, see below;

Detailed Shadows light bug save game;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7sv02 ... ht_Bug.ess

UseEffect Off;

Detailed Shadows On;

Detailed Shadows Off;

Then while inside of Vilverin I noticed the glowing fog and glowing stones on the ground weren't glowing anymore (had this same bug in previous versions), I got some of the glow on the stones back after turning off AO, but couldn't do the same for the fog with the things I tried (turning effects on and off, changing the FadeFogRange etc.). See below;

Fog & glowing stone bug save game;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fb55u ... ne_Bug.ess

UseEffect Off;

AO On;

AO Off;

Also made a save and some screenshots in a place with more light in case the last 3 screenshots were too dark;

Fog & glowing stone bug 2 save game;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vz10p62ela273yk/

UseEffect Off;

AO On;

AO Off;

Oblivion.ini;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4w5xc ... ion(2).ini

Enbseries.ini;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1l7e ... ies(2).ini

PS. Can someone else test this binary also, preferably someone with a Nvidia card to make sure it's not an AMD related thing?

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for detailed report. Unfortunately i expected such problems, hard to fight with them, because it's how game lighting is done in multiple drawing passes, all these bugs have same nature. I don't have any more ideas how to fix, so it will take some time. Btw, i played oblivion completely, so know it's locations, save games are not required in most cases.

Take your time, real life has been busy lately so these quick test runs are about all I can manage time wise anyhow :lol:

~Cheers

Cheers to new ENB! :D

Boris, you are great!

Hello, I installed the wrapper version of 181 and I get a blank screen unless I turn of the global effect in the editor.
I would be grateful for a solution. :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't have any statistics about bugs and their fixing solutions, so can't help at all. Just make sure you did all required steps described in readme.