TES Oblivion 0.181

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Oblivion 0.181

Yes.

I really wish more people still cared about this game, borderless fullscreen mode would be really handy as oblivion crashes for me when i alt tab out but I understand there is little motivation to write new stuff for the handful of people that will use it, it's unfortunate. I never played oblivion at release and this is my first play-though of it, I'm using a tweaked ENB preset and so far I think it's atmosphere and world are vastly superior to Skyrim. The quests are way better too, I just wish I had more effects with ENB for it. I can't go back to Skyrim now, it's so hollow and dull in comparison to me. OBGE water support would be awesome, it's the only plugin of OBGE I want to use, enb does everything else it does better but the water plugin looks so much better than vanilla water.

Catharsis Mandate wrote:I really wish more people still cared about this game
Clearly some people do still care: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45043/?

Something approaching proper object shadows finally :D Might be of interest to those who want to buff up the graphics of this game....

Hello Boris,

I'm the author of the aforementioned mod and I've come across a curious bug with the ShadowBlurring feature. On my end, the feature prevents the projected shadow maps from overlapping each other. As you already know, Oblivion renders individual stencil shadow maps for each shadow caster and projects them as decal textures. This obviously has the disadvantage of allowing additive overlapping of shadows, i.e, the player's shadow will appear darker if they are standing in the shadow of a building. When the shadow blurring feature is enabled and two shadow rects overlap, the overlap region only renders one of the two.

I'm curious if this "bug" can be fixed in such a way that instead of having the entire projected extents of the shadow map acting as the overlap sensitive region, we just prevent the overlapping of the stenciled region in the shadow map texture. That would fix one of the main issues with the engine's shadow renderer. If that isn't an option, it'd be just as good to get rid of the above behaviour - Your blur shader is so much better than the game's hideous implementation.

Thank you for your time.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I removed stencil shadow blending to main frame at all and do it to another target, so all such shadows have same darkness. But may be not understood what you mean?

Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear. Perhaps this video will illustrate the issue.

Is there any chance for 0254 from Fallout 3/New Vegas to Oblivion ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't even find reported bugs, there is no reason to move to higher version.

will oblivion ever get enboost?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't see enough interest to oblivion version from server stats.