TES Skyrim 0.198

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.198

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod / patch ENBSeries 0.198

Improved memory reducing feature, now it should work better for AMD users and probably less stuttering. New variable ReservedMemorySizeMb added to enblocal.ini file and EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks removed.

Lower ReservedMemorySizeMb probably better for users with small amount of VRAM, but very low values increase stuttering and leads to freezing and long loading times. This was set to 512 in previous versions, when users here did tests it was the most optimal without CTDs, while 128 have CTDs. Of course hard to be precise with this game, so i did this variable. EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks parameter removed, because it's no longer required, all changes made for ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true. You may post results, but again only with your videocard model and parameters under [MEMORY] category of enblocal.ini and don't even think to bother me with ugrid=11 by saying "your crap not work!".

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.198

Hi Boris

Being one of the last to probably jump on the bandwagon for your memory improvements. What other new features do you plan to add between now and v0.200?
I guess I'm holding out in expectation of something big for that version. I'm still on 13.7.13 which I love :)

Thanks for all the AWESOME!!!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just thought i finished testing the impacts and now something new :D

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

You are my hero, man. You know that right?

Latest testing using quad core processor and GTX 780 shows no stutter whatsoever using the following settings:

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

Running a cross-country marathon for a half hour has generated not a single CTD thus far. Even on this relatively modern hardware I was getting memory-related CTD's every ~10min before this feature, and prior to ENB v0.198 would have (minor) stutter every so often with the memory reduction setting on.

As of this version I appear to have all the benefits and none of the downsides. Amazing work. Will report more findings once I have done more extensive resource benchmarks.

WOW, From the little testing I did I can already tell you it's much smoother then before with:

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

Went from Whiterun through Riverwood to Falkreath on horse, full speed.

I have a 660 ti 3gb edition.

Great job man. Your awesome I want to marry you (no homo) :lol:
Last edited by Aminados on 30 Jul 2013, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

I was thinking about VRAM and i've made two count.. I've 2GB of VRAM, with just HD Texture DLC and Flora Overhaul and SMIM i reach almost 1,6GB if not more just outside riverwood..

If i use your memory reduce usage fix with 512mb i will reach 2GB of VRAM within a few seconds -> i'll get stuttering..
If i set a low amout of VRAM avaible to reduce memory usage -> i may get stuttering..
Am i right?

Will the VRAM i set to reduce memory usage fill completly or only when enough to keep the game stable? Maybe i should go with 256mb?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sonnhy wrote:I was thinking about VRAM and i've made two count.. I've 2GB of VRAM, with just HD Texture DLC and Flora Overhaul and SMIM i reach almost 1,6GB if not more just outside riverwood..

If i use your memory reduce usage fix with 512mb i will reach 2GB of VRAM within a few seconds -> i'll get stuttering..
If i set a low amout of VRAM avaible to reduce memory usage -> i may get stuttering..
Am i right?

Will the VRAM i set to reduce memory usage fill completly or only when enough to keep the game stable? Maybe i should go with 256mb?
it's normal to stutter or CTD when VRAM is max out. Don't use more mods than your VRAM can handle.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sonnhy
The smaller value - the bigger stuttering. Bigger value - greater chance to have CTDs. Don't bother with this, everything individual.

*sensei*

Boris, can you please explain what is this ReservedMemorySizeMb? Is this some kind of a buffer ENB reserves? Is it in VRAM or in RAM? How is it used?

*sensei*

Just a quick ~10min sprint across the countryside. Set TGM on so I could stay sprinting the whole trip. Started somewhere around Solitude and ended up near Whiterun:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/n67wut.jpg

Amazing.