TES Skyrim 0.221

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.221

I have been testing with a few characters using very low SSS settings and only from the current 221 version. I like the subtle look and I have not seen any extreme seams on the characters beyond what I sometimes seem pre-SSS in certain lights. I use XCE- Character Enhancement for males and females as the basics for all skin. However for men I use Better Males by Sundracon, but body only as I find the XCE face blends the best with that body. Of course using XCE for face and body tends to make the most seamless even under the harshest light. I have not had an issue using SSS with it. I have tried Phinix and Crunchers settings and both have worked fine, although I prefer the ones Phinix did as they are subtle yet apparent w/out being overwhelming. I also use a black subsurface maps by a modder, who says "To reduce neckseam and get rid of shiny pinkish lines in certain lighting conditions" that is used for male face/body. I do not do texture modding and know nothing about it - just indicating I use it and it seems to help with or without the SSS turned on.

Having played about 3 hours with 221 using 3 different enbs that I have been testing for various people, as well as my own I am working on, I have been happy with the overall results. If I get a chance will try some more extreme settings to see how things hold up.

ENBSeries wrote:Winterlove
Another test for you.
This one has functional SSS, but sadly doesn't doesn't have any effect on the overbright snow.
mindflux wrote: Well, did you try removing modified meshes? If one of them is buggy, it's pretty much a lost case.
Yes, I have. No difference.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Winterlove
Sorry, can't help then.

wolfgrimdark
Shiny punkish lines already fixed and the proper way via shader editing.

Okay, i'll update version to use fix of test version.

ENBSeries wrote: Sorry, can't help then.
Understood. Only so much can be done in this situation.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mod updated without version change, it's the same as test which was here (with facegen and tint fixes only for objects with subsurface scattering).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nevermind, no neck seam but other damn issues...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris
Sorry but i can only report what i see and i can lose face normalmaps under certain settings and SSS is one of them
Boris Normalmaps create Details where no Detail normally is so you can avoid High Polygon count they are a geometry fake based on how light and shadows are percepted for me it seems logical that SSS can kill them if it is applied above them to heavily and doesn't blend into them.

Detailed Shadows seems to also play it's part here if i disable it i see the whole Normalmap structure on Hilde correct, if she moves into the light the normalmap becomes visible if she moves into the shadow the normalmap structure gets lost, if i then disable Detailed Shadows while she is in the Shadow the full Normalmap structure becomes visible.
In Shadow her appearance becomes really young through this effect.

You can see the Normalmap Structure she has in the Light just slightly, where the light hits the SSS skin

Maybe i need to compensate this effect with higher Skylighting ?

I need todo further Character Detail tests this can become a big problem, i need to find out if it's a bad setup of characters for the light condition and if it also happens with other characters like the orcs they should have very fine Normalmap details, i really wonder if i currently lose everyone's Normalmaps in Full Shadow :(

And especially i wonder why no one else is seeing this Normalmap Detail lose effect in Full Shadows :(

Both Screens are with SSS enabled which especially on the Full Shadow result causes another Detail Lose on the Normalmap

Anyway i rebalanced the light again to get the details better out and not losing them in full shadow which obviously makes shadows not being as vibrant as i wanted them :(

Though overall it was more complex then just turning skylighting up and im not so happy with how bright everything turns out now but better then to lose these important face details :(

Now by disabling Detail Shadows you see it completely (most probably because the light hits it now completely)

Before changing Full shadow light setup

After changing Full shadow light setup

Current Shadow light Skin Response Normalmap Result

The difference when she steps into the light is still much to crazy though :(
Last edited by CruNcher on 22 Sep 2013, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

No idea what the heck you're doing again, Cruncher.
Normal maps are perfectly fine for me, in light and in shadow, as they've always been.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i gonna get the normal hilde back and check what im doing wrong, though this can be used for some really nice shock effect sequence ;)

think about a character who looks ultra sexy in the shadow but when he steps out wuahaha ;)
Last edited by CruNcher on 22 Sep 2013, 23:15, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

Tell Hilde to lay off the stem cells. It isn't fair she should get them while the rest of us have to age like normal!

What did SHE ever do for the world to deserve eternal youth?

:roll: