TES Skyrim 0.221

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.221

Im sorry to a noob here but can anyone direct me to a post or something where I can read what all the stuff in enblocal.ini does ?
I have a grasp of some of it but not all the things there.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@jonwd7

yep that's the situation i also don't understand why Boris supports this laziness on the other side a subsurface scattering effect that is so visible as you describe happens rarely on a human body and for the Game itself it's not so important the only part where it is most important is the Dragon Skin though :)

@Boris
Could there be a problem between ENB and SKSE on the enbinjector part ?

i really wonder tests show that the enbinjector.exe/enbseries.dll method is more unstable in load successes (loading a savegame without CTD) than the d3d9.dll direct method is
Last edited by CruNcher on 29 Sep 2013, 08:28, edited 4 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Hey Boris, do you plan to fix the annoying z fighting issues for the distant mountains?? You know the odd texture flickering.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris
is ENB turned off for the Savegame Screenshots (Thumbnail creation) i can hardly see anything on them they are almost black compared to the final composition result ?

SSS + New specular setup im experimenting with more screenshots of the specularity difference in the Gallery http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... 540#p38811

CruNcher wrote:i really wonder tests show that the enbinjector.exe/enbseries.dll method is more unstable in load successes (loading a savegame without CTD) than the d3d9.dll direct method is
...glad to realize that I am not the only one with this (minor) issue. A while back I experienced CTDs on loading saved games (you CTD just when loading is finished and you are upon to enter the game). The issue is minor, because it does happen not always (let's say 50% of all cases, interior saves do work better as exterior saves) the second attempt to load the saved game will succeed in 99% of all cases, if not the third will do it at 100%. It's not only that, the first time, I want to change cell from interior to exterior after loading a save in a fresh Skyrim session, I get an infinite loading screen in 50% of all cases. I even have an absolute hot spot for the later issue -> while zoning from my player home interior to exterior I get an infinite loading screen in 100% of all cases and even several attempts do not change that. My player home causes the most massive RAM load in my game, a RAM load of almost 6 GB RAM while over 80% of Video RAM is used too (it's a great house, but has some NPCs walking around and lots of clutter). I watched something strange on my G19 display where I monitor some values: RAM load and VRAM drops as the game seems to purge the former cell load from RAM, then all clocks drop to idle and that's it, no data loading happens anymore. This happens only when I zone out of my house and Skyrim needs to free/purge RAM/data load, zoning into my house works flawlessly. Before I used ENB with ENBoost feature, it occurred actually the other way round, I ctded when I entered my house, because the RAM load was far over the 3.1 GB limit :-)

Whenever the first load of a save succeeded and I changed once from an interior to an exterior zone, Sykrim runs without any issues for hours....

I experimentated with papyrus settings (because this could be one error source too, I use some script mods and sometimes scripts have not enough time to initialize after a loading screen) and enblocal settings, it had some minor effect, but didn't solve the issue in total.

My system: i7 2600K, 2 x Geforce 670 GTX SLI 4 GB VRAM, 16 GB RAM, playing on 27'' 2560 x 1440. Fps isn't the problem, I have 55-60 indoors and 35 to 55 outdoors (35fps when bad weather and lots of NPCs and textures nearby).

enblocal:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
VideoMemorySizeMb=6144

I used several papyrus setting options:

1) Fast Loading:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2457600
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

2) Slow Loading for heavily scripted Skyrim:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0
iMaxMemoryPageSize=8192
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

...but I got not really rid of that issue. As far as I know from the enblocal guide at least the value VideoMemorySizeMb= might cause or enhance a CTD on load issue. Any idea for setting suggestions?
Last edited by Sigurd44 on 29 Sep 2013, 13:46, edited 3 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sigurd44 wrote:
CruNcher wrote:i really wonder tests show that the enbinjector.exe/enbseries.dll method is more unstable in load successes (loading a savegame without CTD) than the d3d9.dll direct method is
...glad to realize that I am not the only one with this (minor) issue. A while back I experienced CTDs on loading saved games (you CTD just when loading is finished and you are upon to enter the game). The issue is minor, because it does happen not always (let's say 50% of all cases, interior saves do work better as exterior saves) the second attempt to load the saved game will succeed in 99% of all cases, if not the third will do it at 100%. It's not only that, the first time, I want to change cell from interior to exterior after loading a save in a fresh Skyrim session, I get an infinite loading screen in 50% of all cases. I even have an absolute hot spot for the later issue -> while zoning from my player home interior to exterior I get an infinite loading screen in 100% of all cases and even several attempts do not change that. My player home causes the most massive RAM load in my game, a RAM load of almost 6 GB RAM while over 80% of Video RAM is used too (it's a great house, but has some NPCs walking around and lots of clutter). I watched something strange on my G19 display where I monitor some values: RAM load and VRAM drops as the game seems to purge the former cell load from RAM, then all clocks drop to idle and that's it, no data loading happens anymore.

Whenever the first load of a save succeeded and I changed once from an interior to an exterior zone, Sykrim runs without any issues for hours....

I experimentated with papyrus settings (because this could be one error source too, I use some script mods and sometimes scripts have not enough time to initialize after a loading screen) and enblocal settings, it had some minor effect, but didn't solve the issue in total.

My system: i7 2600K, 2 x Geforce 670 GTX SLI 4 GB VRAM, 16 GB RAM, playing on 27'' 2560 x 1440. Fps isn't the problem, I have 55-60 indoors and 35 to 55 outdoors (35fps when bad weather and lots of NPCs and textures nearby).

enblocal:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
VideoMemorySizeMb=6144

I used several papyrus setting options:

1) Fast Loading:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2457600
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

2) Slow Loading for heavily scripted Skyrim:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0
iMaxMemoryPageSize=8192
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8388608
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

...but I got not really rif of that issue. As far as I know from the enblocal guide at least the value VideoMemorySizeMb= might cause or enhance a CTD on load issue. Any idea for setting suggestions?

These CTD after Savegame load looks very complex but i can tell you i have much less luck most of the times it though helps to load a savegame without ENB enabled that works 100% and after that the probability that it will load successful with ENB enabled is much higher not 100% but much higher and also it won't CTD for any loading savegame after that, after a Windows restart (caches cold) though everything starts from new :D

Though i finally bought a new Hard Drive now i be able to test different customized Skyrim Versions and check how much bad mods are involved here and how different 1.8 behaves vs 1.9 :)

These CTD after Savegame load looks very complex but i can tell you i have much less luck most of the times it though helps to load a savegame without ENB enabled that works 100% and after that the probability that it will load successful with ENB enabled is much higher not 100% but much higher and also it won't CTD for any loading savegame after that, after a Windows restart (caches cold) though everything starts from new :D
That's not much different as my issue, just more high-impact in severity...and you are right, this behaviour reminds me of an old diesel who has starting problems on cold days, but whenever the engine is "warm", he will do the job without issues. I already play Skyrim on my boot disc and it's a SSD.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
ENBInjector is absolutely harmless thing, after injecting everything work the same as wrapper, any difference is not my problem.
What saved in thumbnails of saved game is hard to fix, because i almost never remember about it. May be sometime...

tulib202
No, that z fighting can't be fixed, because there is no data in depth for required precision, any manipulations with depth to reduce that issue will show bugs near the camera, especially with decals on roads. It's bug with several lods drawed at same time, fix must be different.

Any ctd issues is a different story and unless i'll have them myself, no way to fix, because nothing to fix, saves can't be corrupted by mod, it's game breathing via asshole.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris
Understood, do you think it's still possible to optimize ENB in it's main overhead ?

or do you have some profiling data of what each feature costs, apart from the non hardcoded shaders ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shaders and fill rate / texel rate cost all performance, internal computations to modify parameters and call functions is less than 1%. I can optimize very much, but not interested, this will not bring new users or make anyone happy, but a lot of time cost for me.