TES Skyrim 0.221

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.221

Doshu
I will not do any changes to SSS and objects which generate it, because of game own bugs and made by modders, spent enough time to understand that i can't do anything in such conditions, except very simple generic calculations. Ask Mindflux to enhance any models, like those candles he did.

Version updated, download again. SSS finished, i will not do any changes to each parameter, how it look, etc, so current or future presets with subsurface scattering will look the same.

Boris

I understand, I also think it is a waste of time possibly, so I would not even ask Mindflux for something I would not want to do myself. Too much work for too many variables that are different for everyone, whats the point.

I wanted to test SSS because I do not remember the last time I used stock skyrim without mods. TBH skin looked better than I expected and some mods I have seen.

Also, I am not here to bug you or anyone to make changes, I am here only because of interest in your work and curiosity. :) I understand it is easy to you, but it is not to me, so it is very interesting. (that is a compliment)

Tested new version all good. Setting SSAO FilterQuality=1 on 2560x1440 works good with these artifacts we spoke of earlier.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

offtop
Purchased Shadow Warrior for modding, because players positively saying about it, but it's absolutely not fit to modding, even without ugly green color filter it's just ldr game with very bad textures and lighting, it will take months to tweak everything to look more or less good. I saw the same 8 years back in each game which trying to replicate unreal engine 3 look (which i hate). I'm tired to spend money without any chance to modify these games.

*master*

Hey boris no bugs so far. But You mentioned that some interior spaces don't support the ENB effects. What can modders do to make the ENB available in every interior? Exterior is very great but the ENB can also show great and incredible power on interior but 50% (just a guess or a feeling) of interiors in skyrim has no ENB effects :/ (I mean SSAO, SSS, detailed shadows and so on) What do you recommend for this kind of problem?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forget it, i'll do code once.

*sensei*

Boris hdtPhysicsExtensions skse plugin now works fine with ENB. Today's version fixed the problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no single reason for it to work or not, you just lucky and plugin is buggy.

*sensei*

HydrogensaysHDT wrote:I think I know why enbhost doesn't work.
ENB must be the top level of D3D9Hook, which I created to get a safe update time tick.
fixed version uploaded.
That's from the author.

*master*

Working on private textures set for SSS
darkened lighting

hard light

A little overkill on the settings, but only to visualize better. Nice work on the SSAO, it is as you say...high resolution and 0.7 scale is ok, but 1.0 makes grain/grid. Revert to native monitor size, and I can do 1.0+ scale with no grid. Good to know.

I've been trying to follow the last several versions and reading the threads... Can someone please fill me in on the current state of SSS?

AFAIK, SSS used to correctly use the _SK texture, and now it doesn't to accommodate body mods which do not have correct textures. I think this is backwards, and that the body mods should change to accommodate ENB. Or give alternate _SK textures for ENB users. It's not Boris's fault that they did not make correct textures.

The reason is that basing SSS on the diffuse/albedo (that is what is currently being used, right?) is not remotely realistic, as SSS does not work that way. The areas with cartilage, and sharp convex areas (brows) are much more translucent because less material is there for light to pass through. You can't reflect this with diffuse alone.

It also removes the ability to supply SSS colors different from the surface color. The male body has blue veins in the arms for example.

Couldn't an option be provided to use the _SK texture or not (default to diffuse)? A toggle in the INI? I would love to have proper SSS in the hands, toes, nose, ears, brows, eyes, etc. And also subsurface features like veins.