TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

Better do not try to figure out any dependencies, issues are deeper in the engine and unfixable without sources. Just for fun, try to compare any GTA game when driving fast to any TES/Fallout game from B*da when running fast, result will be obvious even with unmodified game. There is no sense for modders to try jump over head with things they can't control.

*sensei*

Incredibly noob question as I have not looked at Task Manager in a long time when running Skyrim but ... is ENBHOST not supposed to be in the list of running processes? It used to be although I cannot recall which version of ENB was the last when I looked at this. I am running the latest version but cannot find enbhost in Task Manager, there are no detected error messages on game start.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not running in following cases:
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false
Enbhost.exe is not exist in game folder
Enbhost.exe is blocked by antivirus
File access to enbhost.exe is prohibited by the os (silly folder/disk/user setting)

*sensei*

Thanks Boris, seems my configuration meets all of that criteria. Is there any logging that is performed by ENB that would give me any additional clue where to look for an issue? I checked Windows Events and see no indications of a problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any fails of enbhost.exe are system specific and uncontrollable by the mod, so no logging of any kind may help and not implemented. Check the process at http://virustotal.com tomake sure you don't have viruses. Another potential culprit could be some SKSE plugin, if it modify default path of the process before i read it (and unable to find enbhost.exe in that case). All the issues are same for any kind of application executed from another one: file access denied or file not found; blocked startup and execution of process from another process; intercepted and modified command line for started process. If you have any software which causes any of these, you must delete it and never use it, ever.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Some users reported issues of the mod with AMD, i got e-mail from staff, but don't know what kind of bugs were reported. To tell the truth i don't know at all what not works with AMD at this moment and for which game and mod versions, just waiting till drivers will be polished and ignore AMD till that time. If someone can help with such information, let me know.

*sensei*

I had to set DisablePreloadToVRAM=true with the AMD Crimson driver 15.11 through 16.3 for my R9 380 having low 20fps, but I'm back using the DisablePreloadToVRAM=false with the latest official driver 16.3.2. I haven't tried the 16.4.1 hot fix beta driver yet.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Hey Boris

Relating to the page file thing I wrote earlier:

Under ||| System properties -> advanced system settings -> performance -> advanced -> Virtual Memory -> Change ||| there appears a window where you see the drives and their paging file size in MB. While the system drive has "system managed", the gaming ssd drive had "no paging file".

I forced a page file size of 4096mb (custom size). Now Skyrim loads much more fluid, even with SLI enabled, there is hardly any "loading lag" anymore, plus it uses more vram now than before. Can anyone else do this and maybe confirm it? my result is CLEARLY noticeable.

regards neuba

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hay Boris,
I've just notice that a "preshader" is to reduce instructions on constant ops, and is present both in VS and PS. Is it still recommend to move computations to VS and pass along to PS?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Preshader thing works only for certain type of math and hard to tell will it work for the code or not. Modern hardware is very fast by arithmetic, but still keep in mind low budget videocards.