TES Skyrim SE 0.484

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.484

Found the culprit - it's the mod Enhanced Volumetric Lighting and Shadows (EVLaS)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/63725

This creates dark area without directlighting around the player at certain times of day.
Complex grass makes the problem visible.

How to fix this ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you have something near which casts shadow on character and everything around, but cause of bad lighting of vanilla grass it do not receive light at sunrise and sunset, that's why you see it as brighter outside of shadow distance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope, it must be EVLaS + ENB in combination. Disabled EVLaS and everything is ok. (Not using vanilla grass)

To be sure - try to install EVLaS, If you don't get this problem, it must be something else. But I'm 99% sure it's that. (Why else everything is ok without it)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not that mod. I gave you answer already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, "maybe" is not quite an answer in my humble opinion. The shadow area moves along with the character. And I don't have anything else that could do this.
Also I found a topic about this, but no solution yet, just the same conclusion I came to: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/top ... al-sheath/

At least there is nothing wrong with ENB, it just makes the problem visible.

When I find a solution, I will report it. (I hope it's some specific setting)

ENBSeries wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 23:06 It's not that mod. I gave you answer already.
He is right, it is EVLAS. It is because EVLAS modifies the sun angle so that if it is behind a mountain, the entire area will be covered in shadows, and anything outside of the shadow distance won't be. It also breaks complex grass during sunrise and sunset. I don't know why people insist on using it for their presets when it breaks ENB's features.

Anubis wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 23:13 Well, "maybe" is not quite an answer in my humble opinion. The shadow area moves along with the character. And I don't have anything else that could do this.
Also I found a topic about this, but no solution yet, just the same conclusion I came to: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/top ... al-sheath/

At least there is nothing wrong with ENB, it just makes the problem visible.

When I find a solution, I will report it. (I hope it's some specific setting)
The only solution would be to increase the shadow distance, but that can increase draw calls past the limit and destroy your framerate.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I researched a lot, and tried everything I could, but did not find a solution (yet). For now I disabled EVLaS and readjusted my preset darker. I checked in game every gamehour to be sure it's not about different times for EVLaS and my ENB preset. It's not. Without EVLaS all gamehours look normal now.

And it's not dependent on location, this shadow follows everywhere.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Isn't it obvious shadowed area is very limited in the games and there is nothing wrong to have such darkness? What's the point to blame some another mod which only sync sun and shadow directions?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 11:57 Isn't it obvious shadowed area is very limited in the games and there is nothing wrong to have such darkness? What's the point to blame some another mod which only sync sun and shadow directions?
Firstly: no, why whould it be obvious? I haven't seen it in another games.
Secondly: there's everything wrong in having such darkness around the character.
Thirdly: no-one is blaming anything, it's just a fact that these two mods are not fitting together very well. (ENB and EVLaS). It's now proven with images and from multiple sources.

People can use one or another or both - that's up to them. Both are very good mods. I'm just asking if anything could be done to make these work together even better. (Please don't crucify me for this)