Please use english language
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 10:35

All times are UTC

Forum rules

new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 18:09 

ENBSeries wrote:
How to make equal properties to bring same fire shader - dont know. Try to compare parameters in nif (tech flags maybe) and set the same.

I tried comparing parameters yesterday and like @Xilandro said, I deduced it was a regular mesh because it did not have NiParticleSystem for the flame.
I was looking at a way of reverse engineering the neoclassicalsconcefire01.nif found in Gomorrah in order to apply 'Fire' to the oasistorch.

After trying for literally hours yesterday, I managed to speak with Weijiesen on Discord.
He fixed the mesh in under 2 minutes (!!!) to make it react as fire - he didn't tell me or show me how he did it, though. Goddamn him! :lol:

Tomoko
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 18:22 

Would it be possible to add in a brightness filter that could have various settings based on time of day? It seems the whole time of day framework is already implemented.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm having difficulty balancing my personal preset - I can get both night and day to look good but because ambient lighting doesn't affect water the bodies of water ingame glow at night.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 19:11 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i cant do much now, having personal life problems which are not compatible with modding. Also i planned not touch Fallout3/NV any more.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 19:49 

No problem, best of luck!

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 15:59 
*sensei*

Well thanks for all you have done, i couldn't play the games without ENB anymore.

By the way, i seem to have fixed the terrain rendering issues for Fallout 3 and NV with and Without ENB.
Normal mapping and vertex color rendering finally looks like it should.

I was fixing rocks up, making proper UV's for them and made a super high res rock texture and stumbled into a seemingly nasty problem.
The game uses texturesets, all texturesets that can be found in the esm are probably rendered in a single pass, but there are also meshes that refer to texturesets that are not there in the esm file, so i assumed (from my experience with Unity) that these texturesets the rocks refer to in the nif files are created at runtime, and logic suggests that these texturesets on rock would be rendered in a different pass, this would probably mean that all lights and shadows have to be rendered again to hurting performance, but that aside, i disabled all references in the nif files to these runtime texturesets, and all shading errors are completely gone, normal maps render exceptionally well, even without ENB (vanilla they where hardly noticable, now it looks superb) vertex colors on rocks and terrain are beautiful, there are no blending errors with terrain textures when detailed shadows are enabled, no weird shading issues with terrain quad rendering (which normally happens when adjacent quads doesn't have the same texture as it's neighbour and that texture that one cell doesn't have is being painted at the cell border, what happens in vanilla without ENB, also with ofcourse), and my fps skyrocketed, i no longer have any dips whatsoever, some places in the game (FO3) always had fps issues at certain points no matter how fast your pc is, thatis all completely gone.

I will try and see if it works the same for Fallout New Vegas, but i suspect it will, Fallout 3 is absolutely gorgeous now.

Maybe some things i say aren't entirely correct, but i'm guessing i'm close, i'm not a technical as you, so you might have a better idea as to what exactly is going on.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 22:28 

Hey Marcus,

that's an interesting find, sir. I've been making an 'ENB particle patch' of sorts (see my previous posts) for Fallout: New Vegas, which should work with FO3 for the most part seeing as they're using the same assets.
Weijiesen has helped me a little bit, but it should be ready soon enough. I'm looking at it being an ENB community collaboration as opposed to just a personal mod. Something we could all benefit from.
These nifs you speak of that have references disabled and which essentially fix the shading errors do fit the general scope of the patch I'm trying to make.
Would you like to discuss merging our fixes together and releasing them like, for example, the Skyrim particle patch for ENB? I have edited a total of 273 (and counting) meshes thus far.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 01:55 
*sensei*

Well this only seems to work for Fallout 3, not for New Vegas, i just disconnected all rock meshes in NV from texturesets, and while the normal mapping on the Rocks got more pronounced, vertex color seams where the meshes are cut are way worse, that means i would have to re-uv all NV rock meshes too, and there are just too many for me to do, FO3 has 60 rocks approximately, and NV about 300, and the detailed shadows on terrain keep being messed up in NV and the shading problems from bad terrain painting is still there too, i will fix those shading errors in NV terrain in a esp in time, but since there is little to be gained in NV cause it doesn't fix the terrain errors, i'm not going to re-uv those NV rock meshes just to get a little more pronounced normals and get some seams out cause the NV rocks are reasonable enough for me.

FO3 was just plain ugly cause they used a rockcluster texture that was horribly done, my initial goal was to fix the seams on the rocks by making proper UV islands for them and a 8192px texture cause every single rock uses that texture in FO3, so ther was a lot to be won in that game, and it worked like a charm, and i never expected the side effect of detailed shadows to be working correctly and the terrain painting (blending) seams to dissapear, so that was a nice bonus, and i'm very happy with that, but NV is a different story.

I will release a FO3 terrain texture overhaul + rock overhaul cause i made much better normal maps and some new textures for the terrain, and anyone may use them as they please when i released them, but if you want NV to be fixed with this then i'd have to dissapoint you.

There is one thing that i did different, well a few, but the only thing i think might possibly make a difference is that i simply quickly edited the reference to the texturesets on the nitristrips names by simply removing the :0, :1, :2, and so on suffixes so now a lot of strips have the exact same name, and with the FO3 meshes i gave every strip a unique name, that's the only thing i slightly suspect that could make a difference, but i don't think so, and my gut feeling is mostly right, so i won't hold my breath on that.

I think the fact that it worked in FO3 is just pure lucky shit.

But if you're felling like fixing up 300 rock meshes for NV, what i did was export them with nifskope 1.1.3 as dae-fbx files so you keep the vertex colors, and for most meshes just merge all vertices from the rocks at once and unfold them and optimize them so there's no texture distortion going on and scaled them so the texture fidelity look nice, then i averaged the vertex normals and smoothed out the vertex colors to do away with the seams alltogether, a very tiny amount of colorset smoothing already fixes those color seams and keeps the baked AO looking perfect. then i exported to fbx, loaded up in 3DSMax and exported as nif without stripifying and copy pasted them back into the original nif file so i didn't have to make a new collision cage for it.

I won't do that only to have some better normals and somewhat better looking rocks, well maybe i will, but not as tenacious as i did with FO3 rocks, been busy for 2 weeks 8 hours a day for 60 rocks, would take me 2 months of continously fixing to fix all NV rocks, true, a lot of NV rocks are simple copies with different vertex colors (being normal, dark and red), but it's still a shitload of work, i'll probably do a few every now and then cause better UV look nice, but i definitely have more important things on my plate, i also have to make a living.

I have a feeling that could work, but then every mesh has to be checked for textureset references that you cannot find in the esm file, and remove only those from the meshes, that would mean you'd have to go through 20.000 meshes and check if the ones that do refer to invisible (not in esm file) texturesets, have to be removed, that could potentially work, but since it's not certain to me, and it is an awful lot of work, i'm not going to do that, you'd need a few people for that to get that done in a reasonable amount of time.

I am finishing my HH overhaul for NV with all new trees and vegetation and superb rock textures, probably do all buildings too cause they're only a few, cause that is just fun to do and it makes such a enormous difference in how the DLC looks, it's just stunning when you walk through it now, but the rocks, i hope someone else will do that.
They did use those 60 rocks from FO3 in NV (and copied them a few times, so it will take care of more then 50% of the rocks used in NV, and my rocks have proper collision as opposed to the inaccurate collision in the NV meshes), you can swap them out easily and just change the textures now, i will release it soon on MODDB, and you can do with those meshes what you want, they're all used in NV, so it should atleast save you a shitload of work when you decide to fix them up.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 13:42 
*sensei*

Was probably just luck, cause it kept being ok for 3 days, and now the detailed shadows still bugged out on me, so i guess i was wrong in my assumption that it fixes anything with ENB, it does intensify normal mapping on rocks however, they're much more pronounced then they are normally in vanilla, also if i switch enb off, and it's not like my normal maps are more extreme then vanilla normal maps, they are deeper, so that part is obviously true.

But no fix for any enb related terrain rendering bugs.

Not that i care, i can live without detailed shadows anyway, AO and DOF is much more important to me.