Dark nights for Rudy ENB for Obsidian

not under any category
  • Author

Dark nights for Rudy ENB for Obsidian

I hope I've posted in the right category. Looking to really darken nights and trying to understand the ENB variables to achieve that. Under ENBEffect.fx, there is the "night brightness level" which I have set to 1.5 -- not dark enough for me. Next I see "brightness - night", "tonemapping curve - night", "contrast - night", "saturation - night", "adaptation min - night" and "adaptation max - night".

I set "brightness - night" to 0.3, "adaptation min - night" to 0.04 and "adaptation max - night" to 0.16. But now there was too much green, although it was dark enough for my tastes. So I reduced "saturation - night" to 0.70 and "contrast - night" to 0.90.

I'm just worried that these changes don't impact other aspects of my game. Can someone tell me if these adjustments are OK and will not result in some ugly visuals later on? The general darkness level seems fine. Not sure if I got rid of the greenness the right way, but the only thing I could think of was to play with "saturation - night".

I'm using Rudy ENB for Obsidian Weathers and Seasons. I also have Darker Nights for Obsidian Weathers (pretty useless) and Aequinoctium Addon Patch for Obsidian Weathers. Those are the weather mods, then just some general cloud, sky mesh, night sky meshes and textures.

Couldn't find any videos that discussed these issues. Thanks for any help.