far327's 2-tone hairs

not under any category
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

far327's 2-tone hairs

I was going to post a forum over at Nexus, but decided this place felt more like home for my mod. Plus you all are always so supportive and creative here.
GOOD NEWS! I received permissions from Anki, the creator of Apachii Sky Hair. So I can start sharing most of what I've worked on so far! :D :D :D

Anyways, I just wanted to have a place to post the hair/unique characters I'm working on. I won't only be creating female, but it's currently the easiest place to start.
In time I would like to create males and non human hair/characters. The end goal is to create various companion mod packs. Likely 4 in each pack, each with different underlying themes for character design. If I get good enough with the CK, I would like to link quests for discovering each character. For now though, re-coloring hair is as good of a start as any...

Here are the hairs and females I have created from the first to most recent in order. Ones that looks similar are because I made more than one version to test versatility of the hair coloring in game.

MORE TO COME!!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by far327 on 12 Jan 2013, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: far327's 2-tone hairs

Hey, really great to see you decided to share your creations, looks exquisite. Maybe even my character will soon finally have a hair :P

I'm also looking forward to seeing your characters in my own game. Have you thought about sharing them as playable characters as well? That would be cool.

*sensei*

Very nice, and congrats!

This thread makes me want to start my own for exhibition :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:Hey, really great to see you decided to share your creations, looks exquisite. Maybe even my character will soon finally have a hair :P

I'm also looking forward to seeing your characters in my own game. Have you thought about sharing them as playable characters as well? That would be cool.
Hey thanks mindflux! I really like your descriptive word there. "exquisite". Just might use that in the title of the mod. ;) And yes, I would be honored if you decided to choose my hair for your baldy :D
I will likely share them as playable characters too. I guess I have a lot I want to do. I just need to look up some basic tutorials on those subjects. Any ideas where to start?
chan wrote:Very nice, and congrats!

This thread makes me want to start my own for exhibition :D
Hey more power to you. Based on your character, I'm sure she would look stunning with a modern look ;) Just make sure she gets her parents permission first. :P haha, naa I'm totally kidding I really do like your character, just making light of the comments others have said about her recently. I actually had a young character when I first got the game simply because I thought it was soo cool to play the game from the perspective of a child. Height and such. I was a Young Link.

EDIT - So with that one word mindflux mentioned... "exquisite". I have decided to call the mod EMO Hair Exquisitely Modern & Outrageous Hair. When I do the playable characters and companions, I will name it EMO Girls What do you all think? Too cliche? I feel it works well because if you google emo girls or emo hair, you basically get a RL version of my mod characters. :P

EXAMPLE - Image

*sensei*

I like it :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Graphic for my mod :) I did the recoloring of the hair and eyes in the pic

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

And the latest beauty head shot. I think I'll keep this lighting :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just received word from zzjay that I will not be able to share any of his converted Sims hair on Nexus. :( This includes the hair with the feathers. I will upload outside of Nexus if I receive enough requests.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, I'm still waiting for the character presets :D

How you done any research on how to accomplish it? I think you need to make a custom race, but the problem is that I couldn't find any in-depth instructions on how exactly to accomplish that with modded textures, hopefully you're in the know already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:Well, I'm still waiting for the character presets :D

How you done any research on how to accomplish it? I think you need to make a custom race, but the problem is that I couldn't find any in-depth instructions on how exactly to accomplish that with modded textures, hopefully you're in the know already.
I have no idea how to do it. I haven't had enough time to dive into that side of it yet. :( I need to create about 5 to 6 more hairs first. Hoping to do a few more this week, especially now that I can't share the one with the feathers... :(

I definitely want to share the characters as playable somehow. The only thing is I need to get a substantial amount of permissions as the characters in the screenshots are from a bunch of different mods. Gotta track each authors permission sharing rules at the very minimum.

I will send you a character creation tutorial to help fill the void for now. :)