Skyrim SE Enbseries Post proccesing shader

about everything
  • Author

Skyrim SE Enbseries Post proccesing shader

Hello, Enbseries. I finally finished porting enbeffect.fx from Skyrim LE RealVision enb preset to Skyrim SE, now i am trying to figure out how to port Post proccesing effects. There are only 2 folders in oldrim preset, which are about Post proccesing.
Here they are:
1. effect.txt(should be in game folder where tes5.exe is) In this txt i found these lines in beginning: "RealVision ENB Post Processing effects" and "THIS IS HLSL FILE FORMAT FOR EXECUTING ADDITIONAL
POST PROCESSING EFFECTS."
2. effect.txt.ini (should be in enbseries folder)
But there is nothing similar in LE default enbseries(0.315) and SE default enbseries(last version). But SE enbseries has enbeffectpostpass.fx, with .fx type, no .txt, LE version has nothing about post proccesing.
Should i port code from effect.txt to enbeffectpostpass.fx?
And how do i compare Preset's post proccesing and Default LE enbseries's post proccesing if there is nothing about it?
Enbseries, thank you so much for your last replies to my posts, it really helped me begin realizing my dream

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE Enbseries Post proccesing shader

Yes, effect.txt is just very old name which is obsolette in new mods. With minimal changes one is easy to convert to another.

ENBSeries wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 11:25
Yes, effect.txt is just very old name which is obsolette in new mods. With minimal changes one is easy to convert to another.
Thank you for reply. Can you tell me please any changes in SE enbseries's post proccesing you remember?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont remember such things. Most likely just usual convertion to dx11 format like changing technique to technique11, shader compiling strings, tex2D to Texture.Sample() and other minor things.

ENBSeries wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 13:09 I dont remember such things. Most likely just usual convertion to dx11 format like changing technique to technique11, shader compiling strings, tex2D to Texture.Sample() and other minor things.
Hello, Boris. Do you know how to port these lines from dx9 to dx11?: (postpass.fx)
tex2Dlod(SamplerColor, coord)
tex2D(SamplerColor, coord)
tex2Dlod(SamplerNoise, coord)
If in dx11 version only:
Texture2D TextureOriginal; /// LDR color
Texture2D TextureColor; /// LDR color which is output of previous technique
Texture2D TextureDepth; /// scene depth
and other Textures2D about RenderTarget
And Samplers only:
SamplerState Sampler0
SamplerState Sampler1
Thanks

ENBSeries wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 13:09 I dont remember such things. Most likely just usual convertion to dx11 format like changing technique to technique11, shader compiling strings, tex2D to Texture.Sample() and other minor things.
Im so sorry for so much questions. Is this syntax right?:
dx9Before:

Texture2D texColor;
Texture2D texNoise;

sampler2D SamplerColor = sampler_state
{
Texture = <texColor>;
};
sampler2D SamplerNoise = sampler_state
{
Texture = <texNoise>;
};
dx11After:

Texture2D texColor;
Texture2D texNoise;

SamplerState SamplerColor
{
Texture = texColor;
};
SamplerState SamplerNoise
{
Texture = texNoise;
};
Compiller told me that i cant use syntax like that: LHS = <DHS>. Then i wrote this without hooks: Texture = texColor; and it makes no error. I am not not sure about this dicision, and about sampler2d to SamplerState one. Please, tell me, is everything ok, or not?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In dx11 samplers are separate, they do not have textures inside like Texture = <texColor>;.