Skyrim SE: Few ini questions.

about everything
  • Author

Skyrim SE: Few ini questions.

Just need a few things cleared up.

In oldrim I always lowered Anisotropic Filtering down to 8 from 16. Additionally I Would increase water reflection quality from 512px to 1024 or 2048. Do either of these settings exist in a configurable state any more in SSE?

Are there any ini configurations I should make in SSE to properly work with enbseries? Back in oldrim I remember turning off all forms of dof, af, and aa in favor of enb's own inclusions. Should I disable anything in SSE? godrays/volumetric lighting or the snow shader?

Last question, does anyone know what the fShadowSparkleIntensity ini config does? I'm trying to get SSE shadows back to how they behaved in oldrim, the new ones are far too flickery and blurry.

Thanks ahead of time for any info anyone has.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE: Few ini questions.

Are there any ini configurations I should make in SSE to properly work with enbseries?
No, anything works. But i dont recommend to use snow shader option, it's just wasting performance. Also in old skyrim it was wrong advice to disable anisotropic filtering and i don't know who started to recommend that. Af is not aa.

I'm trying to get SSE shadows back to how they behaved in oldrim
By ini tweaking you can't.

ENBSeries wrote:

Af is not aa. - Damn Straight

I'm trying to get SSE shadows back to how they behaved in oldrim - Hell Yeah

By ini tweaking you can't. You can if you make shadowmap res 32768. :D

Do you have any info regarding the other stuff?

Also there are a few other things I forgot about.
Given that i'm using enb provided detailed shadows, are there any changes you recommend I make to my shadow ini settings?
Would you recommend that I leave off the games original SSAO if i'm using enb AO?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Cant tell about other things, not familiar with them. And game ssao is very low quality, i think its useless.