Brute Force and [THREADS]

about everything
  • Author

Brute Force and [THREADS]

I've been scouring some forums trying to look for info on DataSync, PriorityMode and Brute Force, but I can't find what they do. I remember reading somewhere, that DataSync and PriorityMode should increase skyrims stability at the cost of some performance, but is that true? Are there any recommended settings for DataSync and PriorityMode? STEP guide recommends setting them both to 0.

I also don't have anything solid on Brute Force, from some personal screenshots I can see that it subtly adds some darkness to crevices further than normal AO. Are there any other effects it has?

Thanks in advance

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Brute Force and [THREADS]

At this moment bruteforce mode is just much higher quality of ambient occlusion and indirect lighting computed via tracing (unigine developers did the same recently and called it super***something***). It is useful for capturing hq screenshots.
Threads setting can increase stability and decrease stuttering, but may do on the contrary, it depends from game video options (manually modified skyrimprefs.ini/skyrim.ini), cpu type, mods installed. Default is 0, 0, but every user should tweak and test him/herself.