Skyrim Remastered Edition

about everything
  • Author

Skyrim Remastered Edition

As revealed during this year's E3, Skyrim is going to be remastered on PC, which is going to be advertised as the special edition, to run in 64-bit. I cannot find confirmation of it, but it seems this special edition will run on dx11? If this is the case, the dx9 vram limit bug on Windows 8+ for enb users would be irrelevant for this edition of Skyrim. However, because of the DirectX change, would this also mean that the enb binary needs to be reworked to support dx11 Skyrim?

What do you guys think?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Remastered Edition

I'm sure it will be dx11. And i'm very sceptical about it's modding, because Fallout 4 is a pain in the butt for me already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not hopeful about the modding scene with the Remastered edition. I'm just gonna stick to standard Skyrim for modding... unless the unforeseen happens.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm very much looking forward to the Special Edition. ENB support for this would be fantastic, as Special Edition looks like a really good base to start. And it looks like they have fixed most of the inconsistent lighting problems, and fixed the blocky shadows. And the added atmospheric fog, is something I haven't seen in any graphics mod yet.. And with the performance boost from 64bit, this could turn into something very pretty.

The only thing I really miss in the Special Edition, that ENB brought to the table, is Cloud Shadows. Those just turned the landscape into something magnificent!

So boris... All I ask for.. Is Cloud Shadows :-D

-Kalicola

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it's the same as Fallout 4, then cloud shadows probably would be very hard to make. I really don't know, to make the mod again for old game? Only if it will be popular enough compared to old one. In theory it must be faster because of dx11, but on practice bethesda have a lot of other crap in the engine which cpu dependent, so maybe performance will not differ much.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries: I see what you mean. Recreating everything again for the new skyrim feels a bit pointless. But again, I'm sure that people would really love this, as old skyrim is still going very strong. And new Skyrim would be a much better base for ENB, because of performance and all the new effects (I'm guessing).

You went crazy with old skyrim ENB. The amount of effects you have added is insane really :-) Perhaps you don't have to go as crazy in the same way with new skyrim. but just add some of the simpler things like bloom, eye adaptation, dof, ssao and things like that.. I'm just thinking out loud here. I don't think you need to commit the next 5 years of your life to recreate everything from old skyrim :-)

But... Just imagine what cloud shadows could do to the game :-D .. Sorry. I'm just a big cloud shadows fan :-)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If this game version will be popular enough, i'll do all i can to modify it

@ ENBSeries, I believe Parallax is reliant on ENB as well. Parallax is very important to make my game seem more 3d. I am not asking for you to make it with SSE, I'm just curious about the technicalities. ENB is critical to playing Skyrim imo. Other effects that I think are ENB reliant that I would like to know if possible or if I am not understanding correctly.

Distant fogs, wet look on items with specularity, shader tricks with rudy ENB to make it look like snow has fallen based on weather types, SSAO, The effect that makes normals seem more deep. Etc.

Is it possible to get a list of effects that will not be possible with SSE or DX11?

*master*

Strange port. You can tell what their inspirations were.

Current key weirdnesses I've seen are:
Messy SSAO that goes over the top of transparency effects and bright objects.
Messy depth of field that is slightly less smudged than the original game's due to the implementation of a bliateral blur. (For depth of field, of all things?)
A hidden option to enable filmic tonemapping, disabled by default.
A hidden option to enable parallax occlusion mapping which does nothing.
Half-finished indirect lighting (?!) that can be enabled through the console and looks awful. Broken in third-person.
Lens flare.
Lots of hacks in the INIs to change the strength of snow, disable AO on snow, increase contrast everywhere, remove some objects from reflections, and so on.
A quietly disabled implementation of dynamic resolution scaling. I was kind of hoping this would work.
Some of the textures look like they were scaled up in Photoshop.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've been dorment from the enb/skyrim scene since 2/14/16. Somehow Bethesda always manages to suck me back into this. I for one would love to see what sort of magic Boris can conjur with SSE :) However, it takes a village. Lets hope the popularity draws others back to the skyrim enb scene. I would love to update my enb preset for use with SSE. 64bit is just too good to be true! FINALLY!