Skyrim Remastered Edition

about everything
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Remastered Edition

Not gonna lie the new version of skyrim is dragging me back into playing and modding it. The 64bit dx11 support makes it so much more capable now

*master*

Adding my vote. So far SSE has DoF, Godrays, day & night cycles with even Moonbeams. Seems fog and mist has been addressed. Over all I was not expecting it to be this good. Only issues I have is the textures and my lack of ENB lighting. :P

Cheers!

roxahris wrote:A hidden option to enable filmic tonemapping, disabled by default.
A hidden option to enable parallax occlusion mapping which does nothing.
Half-finished indirect lighting (?!) that can be enabled through the console and looks awful. Broken in third-person.
Where and how are you finding these options?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If there is an ENB for SSE, I predict the [FIX] section is gonna be huge this time. Why does Bethesda always appear like a child which tries to paint the Mona Lisa? All the things they fucked up is by no means rocket science. Gaussian for DOF. wtf? And the AO, if they can't write a decent solution why not take HBAO+ like any other game dev? Sure it's not optimal but better than what they have now. Heck, even my own AO is better and I'm by no means professional.

*master*

MountCydonia wrote:Where and how are you finding these options?
Backup your INI files from the Skyrim Special Edition directory in My Games and run the saveini command in-game. That will dump all valid (and some invalid) options to your SkyrimCustom.ini. From there you can guess at the relevant console commands with the help command 1 command.

i.e. The broken IL is controlled by the parameters starting with Ind. To see Bethesda's attempt at indirect lighting, use the command til to toggle it or set bUseInd (which is in the default preferences INI as well) to 1. You can change the parameters with (for example) il intensity 5000. In Fallout 4 you'd get a list of the current parameters for most settings by typing their command in (i.e. sao) - here, it often doesn't do anything, so you have to examine the INI settings.

ENBSeries wrote:If it's the same as Fallout 4, then cloud shadows probably would be very hard to make. I really don't know, to make the mod again for old game? Only if it will be popular enough compared to old one. In theory it must be faster because of dx11, but on practice bethesda have a lot of other crap in the engine which cpu dependent, so maybe performance will not differ much.
Seems like they did improve upon CPU/RAM engine limitation problems...
I can even see almost all of mine logical cores at 50% usage (hyper-threading enabled)
Skyrim SE might be new meta because of that.

CPU: 6700K, 4.7Ghz
G: GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB 3480Mhz

Skyrim:
Res=1080p
uGridToLoad=7
Shadowdistance=8000
ShadowResolution=2048
Mods: JK Skyrim
Dragonsreach stairs:44 FPS

Skyrim SE:
Res=1080p
uGridToLoad=7
Shadowdistance=10000
ShadowResolution=4096
Mods: JK Skyrim
Dragonsreach stairs:100 FPS

But man... it's doesn't look nearly as good as with your ENB series.
ENB is and will always be the greatest mod that came out for Skyrim and i won't be playing Skyrim SE without it.
Just gonna wait patiently and donate what i can :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Regarding parallax, i can't say for sure, but if it's not supported by game itself for terrain, then i'm in very big doubt that can do it, if shaders are same crap as in Fallout 4. I need to look at it first, will do it soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, have you tried script based mods with Skyrim SE? Are they work?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will follow your progress closely :-)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*master*

Marty McFly wrote:If there is an ENB for SSE, I predict the [FIX] section is gonna be huge this time. Why does Bethesda always appear like a child which tries to paint the Mona Lisa? All the things they fucked up is by no means rocket science. Gaussian for DOF. wtf? And the AO, if they can't write a decent solution why not take HBAO+ like any other game dev? Sure it's not optimal but better than what they have now. Heck, even my own AO is better and I'm by no means professional.
Do not forget J. J. Abrahams Lens Flares please.