Skyrim Remastered Edition

about everything
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Remastered Edition

ENBSeries wrote:Regarding parallax, i can't say for sure, but if it's not supported by game itself for terrain, then i'm in very big doubt that can do it, if shaders are same crap as in Fallout 4. I need to look at it first, will do it soon.
The odd thing is: some stuff does seem to have parallax mapping, or at least it looks that way, (like the tower in the intro) but other stuff clearly doesn't (a random stone bridge, cobblestone road etc.) and looks terrible. The AO is also terrible. Not sure how many people worked on this update, but it can't have been many.
roxahris wrote:Strange port. You can tell what their inspirations were.
Yeah, grab 40 quid from people who believe marketing. :/
A quietly disabled implementation of dynamic resolution scaling. I was kind of hoping this would work.
You mean, through e.g. SRWE? If you use borderless windowed mode you can switch the resolution dynamically using SRWE.

*master*

Nothing like that. Dynamic resolution as in, reducing the framebuffer resolution when framerate dips, as used in recent console games.
(Edit: Actually, the console command to set the scale works... dr width 0.5 does, indeed, cut the horizontal resolution by half, making ridiculous resolutions in full screen mode plausibly playable.)

I think scripts in mods need to be recompiled in the new Creation Kit before they can be used. But that won't be out for a week or so.
Last edited by roxahris on 28 Oct 2016, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

roxahris wrote:
MountCydonia wrote:Where and how are you finding these options?
Backup your INI files from the Skyrim Special Edition directory in My Games and run the saveini command in-game. That will dump all valid (and some invalid) options to your SkyrimCustom.ini. From there you can guess at the relevant console commands with the help command 1 command.

i.e. The broken IL is controlled by the parameters starting with Ind. To see Bethesda's attempt at indirect lighting, use the command til to toggle it or set bUseInd (which is in the default preferences INI as well) to 1. You can change the parameters with (for example) il intensity 5000. In Fallout 4 you'd get a list of the current parameters for most settings by typing their command in (i.e. sao) - here, it often doesn't do anything, so you have to examine the INI settings.
Thank you roxahris! Could you point me towards the commands for the filmic tonemapping that's disabled by default? I'm not at my PC right now and won't be able to find what the commands for it are until tonight, so some help would be appreciated.

*master*

MountCydonia wrote:Thank you roxahris! Could you point me towards the commands for the filmic tonemapping that's disabled by default? I'm not at my PC right now and won't be able to find what the commands for it are until tonight, so some help would be appreciated.
It's hidden somewhere in the Display section. You can switch it on in-game by changing the INI setting (there's no console command to control it) with setini "bUseFilmicCurve:Display" 1. Be warned, it doesn't look too good - all the lighting is still tuned around the regular one.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For me game won't run, asking for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Steam tried to install vs++ 2015 runtime, so i googled for solution and only say that it's the problem, but can't reinstall it, installation fails. Very strange, it should be fine, worked before (i hate all the shit from M$ with multiple versions of runtimes, which fill programs list). Trying to reinstall the game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No luck. Well, takes some time to experiment wtf is wrong.

ENBSeries wrote:No luck. Well, takes some time to experiment wtf is wrong.
Did you manage to get it working boris?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope. I can't install vc++ 2015 x64 runtime even on virtual machine with a little bit different version of win7, installation fails at the end with MSU package error.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:i hate all the shit from M$ with multiple versions of runtimes, which fill programs list).
You mean this? :D

About the DLL, have you tried to extract the DLL from the respective installer and put it in Skyrim main dir? It's the most shitty solution but that's what I always do when some installation fails for no apparent reason and I don't have time or interest to spend time researching when it's just windows being windows, just add the DLL's it asks for until it stops doing that.

*master*

Anyone having random crash issues btw or is it just me ? In 1 hours (especially when I went out from Helgen) I got 4 times crash..