Skyrim Remastered Edition

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Remastered Edition

Okay, installation of SP1 for Win7 did the trick.

So that's a good thing towards making ENB for SSE? :D

Difficult for us layman to understand why you can't simply port old Skyrim ENB to SSE.
Kind of imagine you could just change header of code to be in-line with DX11 and 64-bit, press save and jobs done. :D
Sadly, I know that things aren't so simple. If you make ENB for SSE, Boris, does everything need to be created from the ground up?
Does this mean it will be some years, if you make SSE version, until the ENB reaches the quality, if at all, of the previous version of Skyrim ENB?
Or does it mean, once you see the different, you can 'copy and paste' what is needed to make SSE version?

*master*

DX9 and DX11 are very different beasts. Perhaps try to think of it like this; Someone translates a story from a foreign language into English. Then, the author rewrites that story from scratch, changing several things around, and they do it in a different language. Sure, it's still the same plot. But it's a whole different thing.
To get more specific - shaders are one thing, but when the game engine is changed, they must all be identified, reclassified, and remodified again. The same thing is happening with SKSE, except the game's scripting engine is mostly the same. But SKSE isn't out yet, and that should tell you why.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mod for SSE will not have similar set of features as for original Skyrim, it's possible only at cost of many years of work. Testing everything is very time consuming, i have around 2000 hours of "gameplay" in Skyrim. Without source code porting from dx9 to dx11 of same engine is hard, but when it's so much different engine, it's absolutely different, no similarities of any kind. Basically, i see some object in game, trying to indentify it logically what type is it and then by it's shaders and properties look what can i do to it. And i must find all similar objects in various weather and time of the day, with various number of lights, because they have different parameters and shaders, so need changed too (otherwise someone coming with tourch closer to object and my code stops working). And i need to check if something else wrongly modified because of same properties and how to fix that, so running everywhere and looking. Not very funny task.

So is it possible to simply use the Fallout 4 ENB for Skyrim Special Edition?
Also, would it save you time and effort if you worked one one ENB for BOTH Skyrim and Fallout 4?
One last thing, will you make ENBOOST for Skyrim Special Edition?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

They are totally different games, nothing is simpler, Skyrim SE must be made from scratch separately. Can't answer about ENBoost, i don't see any problems now and nobody reported, only after high-res texture mods it will be visible.

Pritster5 wrote:So is it possible to simply use the Fallout 4 ENB for Skyrim Special Edition?
Also, would it save you time and effort if you worked one one ENB for BOTH Skyrim and Fallout 4?
One last thing, will you make ENBOOST for Skyrim Special Edition?
Funnily enough, I tried the Fallout 4 ENB/ReShade on Skyrim Special Edition and it half worked, at least the reshade side did.

I also don't think SSE will need ENBoost.

It's like Skyrim on steroids. Even from the infamous FPS killer at the front of Dragonsreach has no issues now. I get a full 60FPS+ there.

It's quite a shame that an ENB for SSE may never be as gorgeous as its original. ENBs like Kountervibe or NLA are just beautiful to my eyes.
Especially a shame because the new engine is so much more stable and modders are seemingly giving up on the old Skyrim and focusing only on SSE now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's partly crazy awesome so many batch calls and it doesn't make a dime neither Ubisoft nor Io Interactives or Rockstars Crowd Batch Tech instancing does it really better :)

i mean it was already awesome in 32 bit but in 64 it's crazy

so you spawned 120 instances without issues then another 300 but then it partialy broke on assigning the AI to those further instances and make them float in the air ?

Jesus how did transparency Render Performance improved anyone pushed some massive grass yet ?

Tyrannicon surely would have a lot of fun with that ;)

You also see immediately it's now Fallout4s Deferred Render Core :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

Well SSE is not perfect. Have a follower use a lightning staff, the bolts launch mobs across the map. lol

Also try running through a mass of bones from killing skeletons without getting your ass kicked. The physics are a lil wanky.

I am sure over time these will be addressed. But the wait is trying.

*master*

Those issues are pretty much the same as in the vanilla game, but need fixes to the mesh files which control the weights.

As for grass, I've been testing that. However, old landscape mods lack the new data fields for landscape specularity and snow flags, so those need to be re-added with SSEEdit.