Fallout 4 really have occlusion culling?

about everything
  • Author

Fallout 4 really have occlusion culling?

I noticed that the number of draw calls often goes 10,000 even when my character is looking at a wall (several objects behind the wall, but the wall is opaque), as if there were no occlusion culling and the engine was rendering everything in front of the character being visible or not. Boris, I remember you implemented a occlusion culling for Skyrim... It would be possible to do the same thing for Fallout 4?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 really have occlusion culling?

I cannot optimize the game much, because Bethesda releasing too many beta patches. The issue you talking about is happening mostly because of drawing shadow casters.

ENBSeries wrote:I cannot optimize the game much, because Bethesda releasing too many beta patches. The issue you talking about is happening mostly because of drawing shadow casters.
I understand. The question is whether these drawings can be bypassed considering that the result of them will not visible (the occlusion culling that I believe is missing in the game).
And so I wonder if it would be possible - when Bethesda stabilize the game of course - to implement the ENB occlusion culling as you did in Skyrim to fix this

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't say anything about that, in dx11 time to draw every object is about same as to compute occlusion for it, so may not worth at all. Without sources of the game everything is very limited.