[REQUEST] Looking for fellow modder

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[REQUEST] Looking for fellow modder

Searching for fellow Relighting Skyrim developer

What is this then, well the v4.1 is going to be a large update.
I've gone over the current state of Relighting Skyrim/RS, and I found that it is a "mess"
compared to how I would like it to be setup for very easy end user customization.

So I'm writing this in search for fellow modder/modders out there that could help me to develop
the new version of Relighting Skyrim that will, hopefully, be the most user friendly and best lighting
mod out there. Saying it will be the best is quite a large claim, but that is what I think it could
become if everything I have on the "development table" is actually put in to the mod.

Best in a large generalized term, it will not excel over ELFX in amounts of possible lights,
only way that would be possible is to start altering meshes by splitting them up internally into
several smaller pieces, but that will just make the mod less compatible friendly with other
none light bulb related mods.

Requirements
  • Basic Creation Kit and TES5Edit knowledge. I'm willing to forward my knowledge to anyone out there willing to help me in this endeavor.
  • Understand English and writing/typing in English is of course a must, a fellow Swedish fella wouldn't need that requirement though for obvious reasons.
  • Follow my directions, but of course come with new ideas, corrections, alterations themselves to improve on my initial approach of the mod.
  • [/color]
The plan
  • Starting from scratch, with a better base and approach on altering the light bulbs, light sources and anything in between there.
  • Mod in sections, splitting up locations per person. 1 focus on doing for instance Markarth while another one works on Whiterun etc, etc. By following a base development plan.
  • Work on Legendary intially and then split it up to it's individual DLC's and main part(Skyrim.esm, Update.esm).
  • Naming Light Bulbs with intuitive and thus informative names, i.e 1rs_CandleNS or 1rs_FireShadow. 1rs_=Letting users now RS uses this light bulb, Candle/Fire=what type of light source it should be placed at, NS/Shadow=What type of Light Bulb it is.
  • Place Light Bulbs at their right light sources, 1rs_CandleX is only placed at candle light sources just as 1rs_FireX is only placed at fire light sources. Why? to allow easy customization of colors and animation behaviors and such through presets and eventually, hopefully, a MCM menu.
  • Add in shadow fixes I developed. Makes the shadows display more properly in any given interiors with these fixes.
  • Add in fake shadows and light FX for users struggling with performance.[/color]

Contacting me
So if you would like to help me with this work, send me a PM to anyone of the following sites;
STEP-Project
NexusMods
ENBdev
Facebook
Youtube
Flickr

Hope to see some interest in this, I would really appreciate the help.
I want to play the game once more you know not just mod it ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [REQUEST] Looking for fellow modder

Hey buddy!

It sounds awesome! I really wish I had the extra time to devote, however my time is sparse these days for modding and such.
I wish you the best in finding someone to assist you here!

Re: [REQUEST] Looking for fellow modder

I have avoided TES modding for some reason over the years, so I am not fluent with the tools and capabilities, but from an ignorant perspective, would the following ideas not have credence?

1. Write a script that dynamically removes all light sources.

2. Instead of actually physically placing any light sources, write a script that detects objects that should have a light source and dynamically add lights to them with the proper properties relative to the object.

3. Have an MCM panel that lists all of the light templates that are used in these dynamically added lights, and allow dynamic configuration of them with the default being realistic. This would allow someone to, for example, change all necromancer candle light to green. The options available should include things like: Colors, Intensities, Shadow-Casting, Flickering, etc.

3a. Provide categorized and hierarchical light templates for the ambient light of all cells depending on cell category that is MCM configurable. For example, dungeon, in-city, store, inn, mountain etc.

4. Provide a separate (optional) .esm for changing all vanilla light-emitting objects into standardized and correctly templated ones. Meaning, if a cell uses one torch object A and one torch object B that are basically identical, it would change B into A. This would also be used to create and place additional objects to allow additional light templates (for example, all candles on shrine altars might be the same object and then have a Shrine Altars light template in the MCM)

5. Provide a separate (optional) .bsa that overrides textures and meshes for existing light-emitting objects.

6. Have an SKSE ini file that allows one to specify additional objects into existing or new light templates (which would be configurable in the MCM). This would allow other mods to simply provide a list of light-emitting objects to then easily be included into the relighting mod. For example, they could add newBreezehomeCandle to the Housing and Breezehome categories (Housing being higher in the light setting hierarchy with Breezehome settings overriding its values if set).

----
Aside from allowing full in-game customization, this would allow 100% mod compatibility. On a separate note, you might contact LaasT; he said he's done with Skyrim mods, but maybe if he isn't in charge, he'd be willing to lend a hand, and he has an extremely good eye for visual continuity.