CoD Advanced warfare reflection?

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CoD Advanced warfare reflection?

Check this vid, something is definitely wrong with the reflection.
Looks like the reflection plane ( or mirror plane?) wrongly set at eye level?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: CoD Advanced warfare reflection?

Looks like it's not reflection and not computed each frame.

Next gen, next gen everywhere. I hate such marketing things.

Reflections on such surfaces are not so noticeable by most people that it makes sense not to reflect everything from image space and just slap a texture or reflect only certain objects and light sources from a static perspective (that is why it looks like it is set at wrong eye level) for the best performance.
BTW, in Skyrim, go to Riften or Riverwood bridge, jump around the water. You can see the same thing, most reflections on water surfaces are drawn from LODs depending on position of player character in the world.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know that is pregenerated texture, but that doesn't explain the weird reflection.

When jumping with fixed camera angle, the view angle to the reflection image of a particular object should be greater due to moving away from reflection plane.

But in CoD AW, the view angle of the lightbulb when jumping is smaller as if one is closer to the reflection plane.
Since view angle will not change if campos.y not considered at all, it looks like they do include campos.y in reflection vector computation, but somehow it was inverted.

something like
campos.y = bias - campos.y can fix this?

By "view angle", I mean the angle to the camera axial. Sorry if there is any misused terms.