3Dvision for more immersive SKYRIM ENB

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: 3Dvision for more immersive SKYRIM ENB

I think this topic is in wrong forum category, but have no idea where to put it.
For me personally, stereo doesn't matter. It's slow, buggy and have very short period of "wow" effect, everytime i've played games in stereo (around 10 years ago), 3-5 hours and you don't care and don't see any more that's stereo or not. Without vr helmet it's a pain in the butt, anaglyph is the worse thing i know for eyes, using my mod for anaglyph is silly. I am much more interested in headtracking (camera manipulation in games, even got hardware components to develop arduino based 9 pov device). Soon many vr helmets will be available for sale and if they will be popular and i'll have money to buy the one for testing, then may be will work on compatibility of existing mods (what i read from oculus users, they don't use it at all, 5 hours and lack of compatible content with bad feeling after using it wins).

Re: 3Dvision for more immersive SKYRIM ENB

Yeah, using ENB with anaglyph (red or cyan filter for each eye) sounds silly for me too !

Fortunately stereo we have today is very far better experience compared to this ugly anaglyph crap from ages ago.
Nowadays with 3Dvision, stereo images are in full color tones exactly as rich in tones as a traditional 2D image can be. So quality of stereo viewing is no more an issue and using ENB enhancements with stereo 3Dvision is really adding to it, resulting in a more natural and highly detailed in-depth image. This beauty just change the game experience from regular old-school-rendering-to-flat-screen to something very immersive closer to VR. This is what i'm after with my ENB preset.

Stereo 3Dvision has to be set carefully according to display's settings (viewing distance to screen, size of the screen, convergence and fov used in game...) so you can feel comfy using it.
I've been playing 3D for 6 years now and i've never got sick and i still have some wow effect everytime i play.

Now, considering that VR is just head-tracking (and eventually also hands-tracking) added to stereo rendering, the shader's issues in VR will be exactly the same that we are seeing now with those old engines.
I'm very interested and also have great expectations about VR too (i've preordered the Htc Vive VR headset already) and i'm hoping SteamVR will be the VR standard for devellopers. Hopefully, main graphical engines will be upgraded to use it. But in the waiting of dedicated VR content, it would be good to be able to play some well selected old good games adapted to VR with mods and fixes.

Here is a video that looks promising about futur VR devellopment:
Building VR in VR with Unreal Engine 4 - Early Preview

cheers!
i7 8700k @ 3.7 Ghz - DDR4 32 Go - RTX 4090 24 Gb - Win 10 64bits
Valve Index virtual reality system