Watch_Dogs

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Watch_Dogs

Last edited by CruNcher on 05 Jun 2014, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

Re: Watch_Dogs

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /uploads/images/6884046816ef468ca81b748f77d3b2ec.png on this server.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Disrupt has very little to do with CryEngine, only that it contains some minor stuff from Dunia which itself was based on a very early version of CE that was used in the original FarCry.

Anyway -- I don't see how Watch Dogs would be visually anything to write home about except for a pretty nice visual fidelity vs. performance ratio.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I actually think the game is quite beautiful, with very nicely crafted assets in particular. I would write home about it ... but my folks would not be interested ;)

*sensei*

I agree. The game can be very pretty. With a SweetFX config it looks even better. I think the game is meant to be played at 4k. I think Watch Dogs is Ubisofts best game in quite some time.
I only wish they would stop being so anal, and allow mods... Seriously no custom play list with your own music??? No free cam?
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

turgor128 wrote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /uploads/images/6884046816ef468ca81b748f77d3b2ec.png on this server.
Sorry try to access the pictures without enbdev referer they seem to blocked it, just open a new tab and paste the link :(
mindflux wrote:Disrupt has very little to do with CryEngine, only that it contains some minor stuff from Dunia which itself was based on a very early version of CE that was used in the original FarCry.

Anyway -- I don't see how Watch Dogs would be visually anything to write home about except for a pretty nice visual fidelity vs. performance ratio.
as i said it matured out of being a CryEngine 1 clone it stands on it's own by now and therefore some of the render results they reach are pretty unique for a Open World Game though they rather have to compete with the Rage Engine then CryEngine in this case and maybe Red Engine 3 :)

Tough as many Console Games we saw lately there is a heavy amount of pre baking also going on and you can very often see the out of place feeling results.

Still i think Ubisoft created a very gorgeous Realtime Water Rendering Simulation that doesn't have to hide from Nvidias and others was already fascinating in Anvil Next (AC) :)

Last edited by CruNcher on 05 Jun 2014, 10:10, edited 12 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

Graphics are so so important to me. But the game itself I find ok. The whole hacking mechanic I found to be more of a gimmick/nuisance at times rather then enhancing the overall experience. That's just my thoughts though.

All gripes aside I can neither recommend or advise against buying the game. However to be honest I tend to dislike open world GTA inspired games. Well except for saints row and the old GTA, not the last two garbage they released.

No stuttering when driving,RAID surely makes difference(?) and well optimized(and clean,oh and pagefile on SSD ofc) PC I suppose(even with my older gpus)

Medium textures,high settings.Sure the game has a memory/leak/issue and needs to be patched,but I hate when people start writing how crappy it is and not playing @60fps on ULTRA with full TXAA etc. Remember how badly optimized was GTA 4 on it's initial release..until 1.04 patch.