Nvidia GTX Titan was announced today!!

about everything
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nvidia GTX Titan was announced today!!

Well boys and girls, the wait is FINALLY over!!! Looks like I can take back my gtx680 just in time to get one of these beasts!!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6760/nvid ... tan-part-1

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Nvidia GTX Titan was announced today!!

The specs are pretty impressive as far as the tech goes, but for gaming it's still going to a tad slower than a 690 or two 680s in SLI. Not sure if you can put Titans in a two or three-way SLI, but I guess that would be something if you want bragging rights, hehe.

I moved the topic, by the way.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:The specs are pretty impressive as far as the tech goes, but for gaming it's still going to a tad slower than a 690 or two 680s in SLI. Not sure if you can put Titans in a two or three-way SLI, but I guess that would be something if you want bragging rights, hehe.

I moved the topic, by the way.
Sorry about that, I thought I had it in the right section.

You can SLi and Tri Sli it, but i mean, who has the bones for that? I think it's going to perform better, but only for certain games. Skyrim being one of those games... At least I'm hoping for that...

The selling point for me is the 6gb of ram and the texture fill rate. High Res textures will perform SUPER good and 6gb is plenty of room. Heck I could max out shadowing at 8192 without any lag! Additionaly the 2688 shaders would greatly improve ENB performance :) Oh and downsampling would perform WAY better since the card is geared for UHD / 4k resolutions.

here are some predictions for performance...

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modul ... 955&page=5

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Another chart showing performance vs. gtx680. this one is from the Nvidia announcement presentation

Last edited by far327 on 20 Feb 2013, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

And a nice vid out already for one of the benchmark cards - Goes over all the features in depth. Really good vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gQbcQlRoNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kjBNnKr6z4

*sensei*

...and the Playstation 4 was announced today!

This time Sony didn't show pre-rendered movies, but real-time rendered games.

I don't feel impressed.

Well I just don't care... As I know all "first of all" video cards are not the best video cards...
P.S. I hope you inderstood me with my grammar.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DJ_BAIZIL wrote:Well I just don't care... As I know all "first of all" video cards are not the best video cards...
P.S. I hope you inderstood me with my grammar.
I think I get what you mean. (Just because it's new and expensive doesn't make it better.)

Very true, if you measure cost vs. performance. No doubt it's simply over priced.

Curious though, is anyone considering getting one of these? I had 2 gtx580 cards. I sold one and am waiting to sell the other to the same guy.
I bought 2 gtx680 cards recently, but just returned them in order to buy 1 Titan. Fingers crossed that it performs as well. Just having 6gb of ram will be worth it IMO. The card should downsample at higher FPS as well. :)

I am considering getting one, since its the most powerful single GPU for the forseeable future (rumored to be faster than even the 780 will be). However I have to save up some cash first, its quite expensive.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

valks666 wrote:I am considering getting one, since its the most powerful single GPU for the forseeable future (rumored to be faster than even the 780 will be). However I have to save up some cash first, its quite expensive.
Agreed :) If you need help finding stock I found a great website that will text or email you once stock is in for any retailer that is selling the card in North America....

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/vid ... dia/titan/

The text alerts are awesome! It really works!