Problems with Skyrim (CTD) -.-

about everything
  • Author
*master*

Problems with Skyrim (CTD) -.-

Hi all!

Just want to get your opinion about my recent Problems with Skyrim.
I just noticed, that I get frequent CTDs or Hangups while loading. I noticed that I get CTDs even more frequent, while using High Res Textures like Skyrim HD and Skyrim Flora Overhaul and / or ENB. The Game was running really good at the beginning. But since Level 15 (Started new Game with ENB and Mods) I noticed more and more CTDs. One reliable Method to get a CTD is to fast travel to the Stables at Windhelm. I tried many things but nothing helped. I was using many other Mods, so I thought its a Problem with one or more of them. So I did a complete reintall of Skyrim and checked what happens without any Mods. But sadly: when fast travelling to Stables at Windhelm the second or third time I got a CTD again :( But to check this - I was using my old Savegame.
Now my Questions.
- Is it possible, that something in my Savegame is the cause of the CTD? - Well I have to check it by starting a new Game again, i fear.
- Because of the Fact, that I get more CTDs while using higher Resolution Textures. Maybe my Display Adapter is damaged? But my PC (And the Display Adapter) is like new, bought Nov 2012 ...
- Is it Possible to enable a kind of Debugging/Logging? Its really annoing that Skyrim just crashes to Desktop with no single Message. I ve no idea what the Problem could be - Cant find anything even not in Systemmassages of Windows
- When it hangs up while loading, the loading Screen is visible, the Smoke is animated, the Musik still plays, but nothing else happens. I cant even use Taskmanager to shutdown Skyrim, because Skyrim stays on top of all open Windows (Perhaps a Windows 8 Problem?). Only thing that helps is ctrl+alt+del and then use logout or restart ...

My "Stats" :D
Intel i5 3750K
Asus P8Z68-V
G-Skill 8GB DDR3-2133
Asus GTX 660 OC 2GB
Windows 8 64 Bit

*master*

Re: Problems with Skyrim (CTD) -.-

Hey - Hey!

Although no one seems to be really interested in it, I doupt I found my Problem.
I could run Skyrim without CTD now, after long search for the Problem. It was the Ram which I set to 2133Mhz as it was stated to be 2133Mhz Ram. After setting the Ram-Clock to "Auto" in Bios, it was automatically set to 1600Mhz. Now Skyrim does not crash to desktop anymore. At least I hope it lasts so. ;)