Severance: Blade of Darkness

about everything
  • Author

Re: Severance: Blade of Darkness

http://youtu.be/QLopVsWUdig

a preview of the mod i'm working on. the youtube video is very low quality but it will give an idea about how it looks so far. i'll post some images and info later

SOme Blade of Darkness snapshots

Imagehttp://i.imgur.com/59GWDFe.jpg[/img]

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Strange, i can't run the game in dx9 mode via nglide. GOG.com version already include nglide_config.exe, glide2x.dll, 3DfxSpl2.dll in Bin folder of the game, but changes made in nglide_config do not affect the game.

I'm using the gog.com version too. When you start blade.exe it should show a window with the "game launcher v1.01" .
There's a setup option. click there and choose "r3dfx voodoo 1-2" as the renderer. then click configure and pick the resolution (800x600 is the max I think)

I read somewhere that it works better if you set blade.exe to run as administrator. And also set it's compatibility with "windows nt".

After that you can execute nglide_config.exe to set the final resolution of the game. See if that works.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, it work now. Trying to connect post processing properly, can't find yet out what is wrong.

That's great. Here's some info.

In case is useful to you as a starting point:
- using the GTA SA 0.158 ENB works when you look at a fire or the sun. The game uses a glow texture overlay for those light sources so ENB 0.158 seems to start when that texture overlay is on.
- even when ENB is working it doesn't affect anything that is transparent. so if you break a barrel as soon as the pieces start to fade out the enb stops afecting them.
- ENB acts weird around water. Sometimes stops and only affects the reflection on the water surface, not the rest of the screen.

Good luck with this.