TESIV Oblivion in 2013 with OBGE3

post screenshots from other mods
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TESIV Oblivion in 2013 with OBGE3

I recently installed TES IV Oblivion recently and was pleasantly surprised to find that some have the visual mods have continued to mature for the game, particularly Oblivion Graphic Extender v3. All the tinker-time I have invested in ENB also makes makes it easier to squeeze what you want out of the OBGE shaders if you poke around a bit :)

In any case, figure I'll post some screenshots here if I manage to capture a few nice ones. For the record, I did try to use the new ENB 1.50 for Fallout with Oblivion ... but to no avail, so OBGE it is :P

*master*

Re: TESIV Oblivion in 2013 with OBGE3

Wow, that does look really good, far better than what I remember oblivion looking like. I guess somebody's been busy all these years :) I wish I still had my copy of oblivion to try it out.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Damn nice shots :shock:

As Kermles said I don't remember Oblivion being that detailed and good looking even with Qarl's texture packs I used back then.

What about the Generic ENB Boris made have you tried that one out? Or even the Oblivion ENB??

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I haven't started development of the mod for oblivion. Users voted here, but still not sure why to make if obge is already available and don't want to implement many features (very old game, no users).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry my mistake forgot that the Oblivion ENB at the download page is an adapted GTA ENB, right? or am I mistaken yet again??

Ha :)

They are indeed nice. But OBGE lacks one thing that ENB has - depth smooth transition...

MK

P.S. Some of my OBGE attempts (Matso for Oblivion)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
I don't remember which version used for oblivion mod, but old mods are very similar, the only difference is ssao/ssil in oblivion and some specific drawing code to extract lighting only (like was UseComplexIndirectLighting in pre 0.119 for skyrim).

Matso
You mean readfocus/writefocus timed shaders? Huh, don't see reason to develop then, obge developers can do this.

ENBSeries wrote: Matso
You mean readfocus/writefocus timed shaders? Huh, don't see reason to develop then, obge developers can do this.
As far as I recall it can indeed be done... Will try in spare time ;)

MK

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As I understand, OBGE is no longer in development. Also, it does not offer any BLOOM effect whatsoever... and Oblivion itself can only run with Bloom OR with HDR enabled in game settings. It would also be great to be able to contol adaptation and color correction and things...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks nice Tapioks! :) I helped do Q/A for Ethatron and Tomerk back when Ethatron was working on v3. I do remember it looking quite unbelievable at times...

But yes, if Boris is willing or anyone with the dev know how, it would be AWESOME to return to Cyrodiil and enjoy some beauty there again :)

BTW Tapiok, did you see that animation mod I linked to on your Morrowind image page here? It's REALLY good!

Some old shots I have stored still. Looking back, my contrast was WAY to deep... lol