Please use english language
It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 02:53

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: 02 May 2015, 13:03 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ice gets flamed, abc learned some manners. I'm gonna grab popcorn.

There are houndreds of comparison screenshots, everybody can google.

- PS4 has less vegetation. Grass/shrubs aren't visible after 30-50meter
- Shadows
- PS4 is blurred
- PS4 has less view range
- PS4 has shitty lods

just to name a few, there is many more

Tomoko
PostPosted: 07 May 2015, 14:02 
*sensei*

After some more play sessions with this game I have no other choice but take my words from previous post back, still don't like the main City but overall GTA-5 looks incredible of course with a custom SweetFX enabled. If only this game had similar console commands as Skyrim for screenshoting needs :( with Rockstar editor is way too much hassle to take just one screenshot .

PostPosted: 08 May 2015, 10:21 
*sensei*

Ive only managed to make some small fixes into overall colours and gamma using ReShade, waiting for tools to appear, so that it is possible to change timecyc(maybe it is already, have to look for them). Its a pain in the ass playing it with a 2gb 770, im thinking of switching to 970 or 980, once the price goes down a bit.

PostPosted: 10 May 2015, 07:41 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

GTA5 have some bugs which do not allow to implement native multimonitor support from my side, so i gave up and will do old fashion way as all of my mods.

PostPosted: 10 May 2015, 10:19 
*master*

Finally removed fog, its all I need by now :)

PostPosted: 10 May 2015, 23:32 
*master*

dpeasant
Yeah it's possible now, you can get the latest OpenIV and you can edit the files.
Glad you're doing stuff on V!

Gionight
City is quite unbalanced, but actually it's kinda close to what LA really is... Textures aren't all high-res though compared to IV where mostly everything was very good if you remember :)

buzz
Looks nice!

--

I was wondering for ENB,
As the game has already a lot of controls of the post processing using the time cycles, like lens distortion, chromatic, color grading and stuff are actually controlled there on the timecycle modifiers and for each weather/time.

Would it be possible that we link these values to any simple post processing shader the user would be doing on enbeffect.fx for example or vice versa?

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 00:06 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Weather files have enough parameters to make game look fine even with current tonemapping, just decrease intensities of everything at day and rescale adaptation accordinly, so that yellow-brown look will go away. I can't link weather parameters with time to anything in the mod, because 12 variables * amount of weathers and places (2 at least, default and urban) makes entire system hardly editable even with in-game ui by the mod, Skyrim modders hardly change much simpler weather system. I don't know what to do with parameters at all, do not touch them or make same as everywhere via multipliers and curve. It's the same story as with gta4, only certain vanilla time of the day and weather look realistic with the mod, the only difference is that in gta5 much less changes required and that moments are much more frequent. Basically, if not changing weather files, different tonemapping will do all the job. How parameters are handled, don't know yet, but for sure they are not in one shader, different effects executing at different time in each frame, so linking them to single shader may be complex task or useless.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 00:19 
*master*

Yeah, I tried to do something in few minutes for V and it looks quite good already with just the time cycle.

It's fine then, actually from my experience using GTA IV ENB , I can tell you that the values on the INI were actually hard to tweak in sync with the timecycle.

As it can look drastically different even with standard post-processing because of let's say azimuth height, color curve of the sky or saturation, etc.
It's hard to have a consistent sky no matter what values you use but it's possible.
It's mostly switching between INI and TC in GTA IV.

In the end, I suppose V would be best to untouch the TC, and modify the rendering itself...

Changing the colors could be done in final framebuffer or just fully timecycle as it has some tonemapping control already in it like a SweetFX you know... users could just add some color correction in the end in general in the .fx.

V TC is very cool and way more flexible as you can even control the amount of indirect bounces and stuff.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 00:45 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadows from Light Sources @ Nights still look low resolution also most in interior.

Some textures are also way to low resolution and lot of times don't blend well with the rest

Hair Rendering seems to be from the last Century :(

Chromatic Abberation i want to get rid of it but no option for that also JJ Abrahams Light Flares naahh please not ;)

MSAA seems pretty inefficient but there is no proper Temporal AA it seems :(

My current favorite car from its Material Result side is the Declasse with IBL Light Modes :)

Watch_Dogs had a lot of better results especially @ Nights also characters where much Higher Resolution itself and the Temporal AA is very nicely done apart from latency dependent ghosting issues :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 07:09 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For those those into tweaking stuff themselves:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/improved ... ic-removal

flickr; twitter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next