Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

Seriously, thank you, sheson for this fix. Normally, when I try and run around Skyrim for stability testing, it would usually crash mid way through. With this fix... I was able to make the full round trip. No, really. I can't thank you enough for this.

Do you want to share the modified DLL on the Nexus, or do you want to talk with the SKSE developers about implementing this fix? Because... wow, this is one of those things that I feel every Skyrim player should need.

bennhat wrote:i get an error when building the steam_loader in visual studio.
i am german so sorry:
3> Code wird generiert...
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\steam_loader.dll) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\skse_steam_loader.dll) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(steam_loader) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (skse_steam_loader) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: Fehler bei der Konvertierung in COFF: Datei ist ungültig oder beschädigt.
========== Erstellen: 2 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========

what am i doing wrong?
is'nt this file the same for everyone? can someone just upload it anywhere?
thank you

Moin

This may help?

Properties->Configuration Properties->General.
Output Directory, Intermediate Directory, Target Name, Target Extension need to match the Linker's OutputFile property value

It would be great if the result of this patching of the SKSE launcher would be posted somewhere for those of us who are not programmers could enjoy the fruits of this work. I've followed the instructions regarding creating the patch to the point of starting Visual C++ but I embarrassingly confess that the resulting screens are entirely greek to me (no offense intended to Greece).

I'm also one of those who has a heavily modded Skyrim and thousands (really) of hours of adding, subtracting, adjustimg, tweaking, reading and applying and removing, etc. The result is a semi-stable game, but I'm always looking for a way to improve things.

This kind of patch to SKSE is beyond my meager talents, and I've no problem in admitting that. Anyone willing to share their more skilled efforts?

*master*

Can someone please upload the patched dll ?

Someone uploaded a patched dll on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comm ... /?sort=new

myztikrice wrote:Someone uploaded a patched dll on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comm ... /?sort=new
Thank you for that! It's not so much "lazy", I'm really not lazy, it's more a lack of skill and knowledge.

Much appreciated!

I've been trying to compile it for hours but no joy, I'm getting the same error as Moin above.
What is the Linker's OutputFile property value? Where do I find this & why do we seem to have wrong values & the others not? Did we do something wrong?
I've never used C++ before so that is a BIG possibility :-)

Now I see a patched dll but if I check my skse_steam_loader.log there is no mention of a devilish pact anywhere :twisted:

Whitespliff wrote:I've been trying to compile it for hours but no joy, I'm getting the same error as Moin above.
What is the Linker's OutputFile property value? Where do I find this & why do we seem to have wrong values & the others not? Did we do something wrong?
I've never used C++ before so that is a BIG possibility :-)

Now I see a patched dll but if I check my skse_steam_loader.log there is no mention of a devilish pact anywhere :twisted:
Did you make sure you have the SKSE.ini file set correctly ?

If unsure make certain that you have an SKSE.ini File in your skyrim/data/skse folder, and that it contains the following,
[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Works magic, really.
Over-Modded Skyrim, over-modded inis, and ENBSeries pushed to its max.
UGrids=9 works as a breeze, while I was only stable with uGrids=7 since ENBoost was out, and uGrids=5 before that.
Stable, smooth, not a single freeze....
Grand work ! ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Daetarek wrote:Did you make sure you have the SKSE.ini file set correctly ?
Yep, it's the same file as the "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" entry.

EDIT: OMFG, i've been using the ClearInvalidRegistrations tweak for months now, I even let Skyrim 'fix' itself for 10h & now I see I spelled the ini file wrong (SKSI instead of SKSE).

I'm such an idiot :lol:
Finally I can check if it actually works :roll:
Last edited by Whitespliff on 19 Jan 2014, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.