Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

Whitespliff wrote:
Daetarek wrote:Did you make sure you have the SKSE.ini file set correctly ?
Yep, it's the same file as the "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" entry.
That seems unusual, my first thought is to try the file linked above, and see if you get the same result.

Well this fix the opposite effect for me. :shock:

I haven't had a single CTD since using: (1) SafeteyLoad; (2) ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer. I compiled the DLL (as well as tried the pre-compiled DLL on Reddit in case I screwed something up), disabled SafeteyLoad, disabled ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer and ran the game. The result was a constant CTD at the character generation screen while trying to switch genders. I verified that the fix was active by checking skse_steam_loader.log.

However, if I run Skyrim with your fix and leave both SafeteyLoad and ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer enabled I don't experience a CTD. What's interesting though is that it takes longer to switch gender than it did prior to using your fix.

Sheson, any idea why your fix would be doing more harm than good for me?

Some of my settings in case it might help:
OS/Hardware=http://pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
uGridsToLoad=7
uExterior Cell Buffer=64
ENB=RealVision ENB (0.245 Boris; Wrapper)

I do appreciate your work - keep it up!

Daetarek wrote:
Whitespliff wrote:
Daetarek wrote:Did you make sure you have the SKSE.ini file set correctly ?
Yep, it's the same file as the "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" entry.
That seems unusual, my first thought is to try the file linked above, and see if you get the same result.
Whitespliff wrote:EDIT: OMFG, i've been using the ClearInvalidRegistrations tweak for months now, I even let Skyrim 'fix' itself for 10h & now I see I spelled the ini file wrong (SKSI instead of SKSE).

I'm such an idiot :lol:
Finally I can check if it actually works :roll:
As posted in my previous post, I completely screwed up, it works perfectly now, tnx for the help :oops:

Did a quick stresstest & OMG, (so far) it works!
I've tried EVERYTHING before & I kept getting random CTD's & freezes, this really seems to work.
I'll test some more tonight.

THANK YOU SHESON!!!

HO. LY. SH*T. IT. F*CKING. WORKS. :o :shock: :mrgreen: :) :o :D :shock: :o :shock: :D

Dude your a GOD. How the hell did no buddy think of this before.. it sounds so simple...

Anyway, usual stuff.. speedmult 1500, tcl, tgm and timescale 15000.

Over-modded Skyrim, Before the fix:

uGridsToLoad 5, 99% stable
uGridsToLoad 7, freeze/ctd usually within 30 min
uGridsToLoad 9, 5 minutes if I was lucky
uGridsToLoad 11, infinite loading or instant freeze after
uGridsToLoad 13, ppfffff... yeah right, didn't even bother trying

After fix:
Just to see if it was bullsh*t, straight to uGridsToLoad 11...

uGridsToLoad 11, it worked :D AWW... YEAH....
uGridsToLoad 13, it worked :mrgreen: :o Holy Crap. However even with 3570k @ 4.5, I was getting like ~20 fps. So didn't bother go higher, then to abuse it even more I tried spawning 300 bandits aaaand.... it froze. :) Maybe if instead of 512 blocks it was 1024 blocks it wouldn't freeze, anyway I don't care, the max I will go is uGridsToLoad 9 If actually playing.

Many thanks for this Sheson, you will have my first born :mrgreen: :D :P

EDIT: Couldn't help myself... :roll:

uGridsToLoad 15, sub 20 fps, broken quests, massive loading screens, so much stuttering.. HDD can't keep up (yup, I have an HDD, poor me :cry:)
uGridsToLoad 17, ~10fps, can play but I can reach the 3.1Gb RAM usage limit, even with ENBoost features.
uGridsToLoad 19, 3.1Gb RAM usage on Loading screen, CTD.

So.. yeah.. as long as you don't spawn 300 npc while on ugrids 13 or go to ugrids 19 (with a modded game) you will be fine :lol:
Last edited by Aminados on 19 Jan 2014, 10:49, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If anyone wants to make their own patch but has an error on building then Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 fixed the error for me:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=23691

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

Compiled it yesterday (with 512MB) and played the whole night using uGrids 7 without any problems. This is amazing and big biiiiig kudos for sharing patch! Thank you, Sir!

System
Window 7 (64 bit)
i7-3770
16 GB RAM

I'm curious - can someone tell me what values to use instead of 0x300 to get a different memory size? I've tried using 0x400, 0x500 and 0x600 but these just seem to cause crashes soon after startup. Since many people do seem to be trying this with different sizes, I'm assuming it's obvious and I'm missing it ...

I did not try it myself (happy with default patch) but the comment in the patch does point to the solution:
//when 1st buffer is set over 512MB and there are a lot of mods this needs to be raised as well or tesv.exe crashes at start

So I think you should try to replace:
//SafeWrite32(0x00a4e6be+1, 0x10000000);

with

SafeWrite32(0x00a4e6be+1, 0x20000000);

(So no // before the SafeWrite and 0x20000000 as second attribute)

Sorry, I should have clarified for the size of the first block, not the second. People are saying they are allocating 768Mb for the first and 512Mb for the second, just see what happens. I can see how to get the second block size, yes - but not how to get 768Mb for the size of the first block.

Winterlove wrote:Sorry, I should have clarified for the size of the first block, not the second. People are saying they are allocating 768Mb for the first and 512Mb for the second, just see what happens. I can see how to get the second block size, yes - but not how to get 768Mb for the size of the first block.
at the bottom of the first section change this line:-
SafeWrite32(0x00687e87+2, 0x00000300);

for 768Mb to
SafeWrite32(0x00687e87+2, 0x00000400);

or for 1024Mb to
SafeWrite32(0x00687e87+2, 0x00000500);

hope this helps