Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

for sheson, this is a copy of a post on going with ewi65

Very peculiar, started at uGrids 7/64. Load game, run about 100 meters. Did this in the Rift amongst all the aspens outside Riften, get screenshot.
Deleted the Cell Buffer line
Results:
uGrids 7, no change to visual or fps
ugrids 9/100 then removed the Cell Buffer line, no change to visual or fps (of course the fps dropped a couple frames going from 7 to 9)
did the same thing all the way to 19.
reset uGrids to 7/100, CTD before getting 20 meters.
set 7/64, no issues
set 5/64, CTD again.

Really can't figure out what the Cell Buffer is really doing or if it is actually needed anymore. As I previously stated if it's not set to the standard formula, I have issues. If I remove the line it still poses no problems.
Guess what I'm really asking here is, what is the harm in just removing the line.

EDIT: reading some of sheson's post's on the memory patch, he states that the exterior cell buffer was one of the first things he addressed in the patch. Perhaps unknowingly he did something that resulted in the line no longer being needed. So I guess it's time to contact him about this.

Using SKSE 1.7a, Stable uGrids to Load, MemoryBlocksLog
Any comments or ideas?

Hey all. I got my Memory patch working thanks to your help at this forumn.

I am still having game crashes when entering a lot of populated Inns and Shops.
I find myself saving before every door as there is a huge risk of CTD.

In order to get into these Inns/Stores I have to open the launcher and change my graphic settings to low.
I also notice that once I get into these rooms, I can see light mods working.
My screen flickers and I notice the change to a warmer dark light setting.

Is it a lighting mod that causing me to Crash. I disabled Immerse interiors but that was not the problem.

I have a really good computer, SDD and Graphics card. I am able to watch youtube while playing so there is no reason for these CTDs.

My game crashes every half hour of playing, Mostly when entering new shops that I have not been inside before.

Does anyone know why this is happening and can you point me in the right direction towards getting my game to run smoothly.

Keep in mind i have ran TES5Edit on skyrims core files as per Gopher (all DLCS).
I have not edited any of my other mods.

I appreciate your help guys.
Thank you. Looking forward to your responses.
Last edited by MOONxo on 18 Feb 2014, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

This may be a dumb question as I obviously missed something but...:

How are you guys seeing your FPS?

Regards,
Moon
Last edited by MOONxo on 18 Feb 2014, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

pangallosr wrote:for sheson, this is a copy of a post on going with ewi65

Very peculiar, started at uGrids 7/64. Load game, run about 100 meters. Did this in the Rift amongst all the aspens outside Riften, get screenshot.
Deleted the Cell Buffer line
Results:
uGrids 7, no change to visual or fps
ugrids 9/100 then removed the Cell Buffer line, no change to visual or fps (of course the fps dropped a couple frames going from 7 to 9)
did the same thing all the way to 19.
reset uGrids to 7/100, CTD before getting 20 meters.
set 7/64, no issues
set 5/64, CTD again.

Really can't figure out what the Cell Buffer is really doing or if it is actually needed anymore. As I previously stated if it's not set to the standard formula, I have issues. If I remove the line it still poses no problems.
Guess what I'm really asking here is, what is the harm in just removing the line.

EDIT: reading some of sheson's post's on the memory patch, he states that the exterior cell buffer was one of the first things he addressed in the patch. Perhaps unknowingly he did something that resulted in the line no longer being needed. So I guess it's time to contact him about this.

Using SKSE 1.7a, Stable uGrids to Load, MemoryBlocksLog
Any comments or ideas?
Use stable ugristoload when doing anything with ugrids. If you crash with whatever settings make sure to check block1/default heap usage. It may be fully used.
The patch doesn't change any settings of skyrim inis.

I would leave the buffer size alone. Just leave it at default. It will adjust itself up to the needed value. But not down. You can tell it to use more buffers, which will increase block1 usage over time.

*master*

So Sheson,
Now that you've saved Skyrim, what's up next? Ya know, now everyone will start hitting that 256 mod limit because of you ;) Think there's any possibility of coding our way around that limit?

Thanks so much again!

*master*

And Boris,
You've also saved Skyrim with ENBoost! It is only now I think, after Sheson's patch fixed the constant crashing, that we can appreciate what ENBoost is doing for us. Do you have any ideas about the 256 mod limit? I'm just curious what both of your learned folks think about the possibility of hacking around this. Thanks for everything!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't like to search bugs without sources, my assembler knowledge is mostly directed for performance optimizations and it's hard to do things which did 10+ years ago, at least for me. So don't expect much.

number6 wrote:So Sheson,
Now that you've saved Skyrim, what's up next? Ya know, now everyone will start hitting that 256 mod limit because of you ;) Think there's any possibility of coding our way around that limit?

Thanks so much again!
That limit would be hard to fix. It has to do with 32bits = 4bytes being used to id all objects in the game. 1 byte is used for the mod number. So you would either have to limit the number of objects allowed for each mod, or change the numbering scheme to allow more bytes, e.g. 64bits. Both routes are impractical :)

Luckily there already is a solution. Merging mods with tes5edit.

*sensei*

Just came here to mourn a little.
The problem is my newest save is crashing when load screen is about to fade out with around 95% probability. So i decided to use Process Monitor to find the last action Skyrim takes right before crashing. Smart move... Except the moment that as long as Process Monitor's logging is running, slowing down my system a little, my save loads fine. I disable logging - i crash. I enable logging - i load. Threading stuff?

Guys, can anyone help? I use SKSE Alpha 1.7.0 and Skyrim crashes from time to time with this error:

I tried varied SKSE.ini and enblocal.ini settings, but cant get rid of CTD. Even if its more stable then without using memory patch