Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

EDIT: Fixed error on build with service pack 1 - will post some feedback on patch after testing

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

WOW!! :D :D This really works!

First off, I have a seriously overloaded Skyrim, 230 plugins plus a data folder over 46gig. This all ran fairly stable (at ugrids 5) with latest ENB and Safety Load - which cured infinite load screens but caused some CTDs. I also had some freezes when opening maps in interiors. With this setup nothing above ugrids 5 was stable at all.

But with this patch.. ugrids 13... stable! (haven't tried more but don't see the point)
Don't think I'd play it on this setting though, it's very performance and resource intensive dropping to 20fps in heavy areas (normally run 40-60fps at 1440p)

ugrids 9 runs very well, less loading stutter than before and looks great - will do some further testing for stability but initial runs in high stress areas all passed 100% - no CTD or freeze. Also had no infinite loads (Solstheim > Skyrim fast travel) and bringing up the map in heavy interior areas has not frozen.

Many Thanks for sharing this :D

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

OP:

I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW.

Time to install some C++, this makes me happy then a pig in bacon.

Dude: You just changed the face of the modding community.

You should be proud of yourself.

sheson wrote:Higher uGrids is an easy way to tests limits, since it exponentially increases the engine need for buffers. Care is needed for real game play, since it is agreed on that too high a value will mess with quests and what not. However it will give an idea about the possible headroom. You will discover that many actors will slow down and limit scripting a lot ;)
I can now play stable at default uGrids and 249 mods, and 30 non esp mods (textures/meshes etc), i was also able to change to a complete set of 2k texture, also still not using safetyload i might add.

I have now tried a few uGrid increases, using the no clipping flyby method to test and completing 2 full circuits around the whole map (over every major city, counterclockwise starting at riverwood).
7 had no noticeable difference in the game, lag or stuttering as compared to default uGrids
9 was a similar experience to 7 however there may have been a slight stutter but it was hard to really tell.
11 was stable but a lot more stutter in comparison to previous tests.
13 i could fly around quite well however i did manage to make it freeze up a few times, but not in a repeatable fashion, i would never make it through the circuit however.
15 i could load and fly around but it pretty much always froze within a few minutes.

Sadly my testing is not perfect as each run was not a 100% replica of previous runs, and since its so time consuming real life things like phone calls, messages and stuff would stop me for a few moments etc... however they were relatively consistent tests and the results appeared to be solid for my situation.

I am unsure if there is much more i can test outside of just playing the game, I did play for a few hours earlier on default uGrids with no issues, and i would usually see issues in that kind of game time, i think i may try running with at least 7 uGrids but maybe 9 (i am guessing over 9 starts to mess with quests) and see how I go. I will add that for a person who does not want to mess with uGrids but wants to play the game heavily modded in a stable manner this is an excellent fix.

This is crazy. Praise you!

Was fasttraveling around the map this evening on the hunt for screenshot locations on uGrids 19! Loading times were longer offcourse but it never crashed. Never.

This fix is so awesome I fail to have words for it. :D

somebody was gracious enough to build for me.

i get an error when building the steam_loader in visual studio.
i am german so sorry:
3> Code wird generiert...
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\steam_loader.dll) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\skse_steam_loader.dll) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(steam_loader) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (skse_steam_loader) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: Fehler bei der Konvertierung in COFF: Datei ist ungültig oder beschädigt.
========== Erstellen: 2 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========

what am i doing wrong?
is'nt this file the same for everyone? can someone just upload it anywhere?
thank you

bennhat wrote: ========== Erstellen: 2 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========
Although my German is terrible, that line looks exactly like what i get just in German :D

for reference i get ...
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hope this helps