DOF ENB support for BF2

only graphic related modifications here
  • Author

DOF ENB support for BF2

I know the game have full depth buffer support so is there any possible way we can skip the weapons and hud overlay and apply the DOF or HBO / HBAO /MXAO straight to the game screen? Please I'm almost 1 year developing the remastered version and that would be a really great addition to the pack!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: DOF ENB support for BF2

It might be a good idea to link to couple of your vids to show what you've achieved, it's absolutely awesome stuff for such an old game.

Thank you very much!

Here goes the link for my last version Preview
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S38rDxSRHU[/youtube]

An that's a community forum with more than 57 pages since 2005 asking desperately for DOF and AO support in BF2

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr- ... od-61.html

Please genius guys I know there is a work around to bring those new great effects to this great old game!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't even know what to tell. Game officially is dead and not many people still play it. Add to this not big interest to graphics from users, they can any time play any modern game instead. It's not hard for me, but very time consuming, don't think worth it, sorry. I even ignore more popular projects because to develop exclusive versions of the mod is 1-2 weeks usually non stop.

You are wrong m8! there is a huge community that still playing it since it's the best battlefield ever made and the only one with true depth buffer support and true 3D physic for bullet drop and vehicles. (no other chopper feels like it)

Only in Brazil there is 5x 64 players server full all days.

https://battlelog.co/

have a look, and there still the Project Reality community which is huge in present days and the MODB community in with is probably the game with more mods available in the history and with a lot new stuff being added recently as BF4 weapons and vehicles as long as the fully Remastered edition.

I know you are the only one able to do that, since the game is 12 yrs out there and you are the one that at least make it read the depth buffer correctly skipping the weapon overlay.

Previous release video

I can try to help you, from Reshade 3.0.7 this effects were the one that gave a perfect result:

HDR
Clarity
Bloom + Lens
Luma Sharpen
Vignette
SMAA

But what Reshade can't do is any AO and DOF in this game, and that, with today's techniques would bring the most welcome graphics effects to the best game ever.

So basically all I need is an approach similar to that on ENB Mass Effect 2 + Reshade or even Sweet effect since the HDR, luma sharpen and vignette are there also but I will be missing the clarity which is great from Reshade, or you can just include them all in the ENB library. Which way is easier and better for you.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mo ... 3D55&pUp=1

I don't need any color and shader effect since all the pallette color changes were already made in the game itself.

I'm really new into this post-processing world but I think an updated ENB library/binaries that read Depth buffer correctly for BF2 and applies those latest HBAO+/MXAO and Depth of field techniques is all I need (ENB Booster since is a 32-bit gasme). Better yet if this could be used with reshade 3 effects and maybe framework lol...

Something like ENB/Reshade BF2 HD Remastered,

I know that's all asking a lot, but maybe without the need for color or effects customization it gets an easier job for you to do, and I'm sure the community will love you for that and you will acquire a lot of new publicity and probably donations with that also, but definitely a lot of new fans cause the results will be amazing compared to vanilla BF2 or even to BF4!

It's such a great game and it was never truly explored by it's post processing potential, I know that with the remastered vegetation, atmosphere , textures, hud and weapons it will look fantastic with a modern DOF and HBAO / MXAO. All I can do is beg for you to develop that, I'm doing this mod all for the love I have for this game and it took me almost a year already :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know why you think that all players will use graphic mod. People don't need graphics for online games and it's axiom, even when people need it for some games, they do need more high frame rate or simply don't know about mod, don't know how to tweak it and even can't install. After so many years i know statistics, things are much worse than you think. Because game is no more available for purchase (dead officially), it's one more big barrier. And forget about dof, in this game dof is gameplay killer.

I know what you mean, but the BF2 community is waiting for more realistic environment with better graphics since 2009, I'm a good BF2 player, did played on championship and stuff but always wanted to have it with a more realistic look, until I decided to do it by myself, it had 6.000 downloads in my first release for a 2.8GB mod which you couldn't even play online and wasn't ready. That's not a bad number, but next release will have online support and much better graphics, New HD hud and HD explosios, water and smoke effects.

Just thought those latest DOF technics would bring a really immersive gameplay when we are playing just for fun. A MXAO or HBAO would also be a very nice addition to the package. If you could just try to make a dll/binaries that reads the depht buffer correctly and apply those effects (when you have some time available) I will be forever thankful, better yet if I could just couple with the Reshade 3 to add those other effects I've mentioned before or have them also in the ENB console.

and thanks for replying m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... KeO7WnrNBM

That is just amazing please bring it to BF2, please!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh man, how you don't understand such simple things. No matter how you ask me, even beg me, if i am not fan of the game or it do not have really big community, i will not modify it, i'm too much busy with other games to modify and too old to take any request, i better spent time to do job.

I understand that but I thought you could be a big fan of the game...And the changes I'm doing are going to be dramatic for such an old game, so maybe you would like to have ENB on it and make it even more impressive.