[Trainz Simulator 12] TS12 ENB v 1.0

share your configuration files
  • Author

[Trainz Simulator 12] TS12 ENB v 1.0

Hello everyone!
I recently found this community and I want to say big thanks to you who are making these awesome mods! ;)

I have searched for an ENB that works with Trainz Simulator (2009-2012), but to my amazement nobody did such thing - or I could not find it.

Okay, so I said how hard can it be?
It's based on the Generic v0.0076 for GTA San Andreas. So I took the 076 version and played with it.
Many, many things were broken - blurry image, smudgy and way overbrightened skyes...
After many hours of tweaking, understanding settings, reading forums, I present to you:

Trainz Simulator 12 with Bloom and SSAO effects:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Browsable album:
https://ibb.co/album/xFj4XW

I added 3 sets of images from different areas.
This is from a custom route, which has a feel of a 2000s Romanian style.
Here you can see how it looks with ENB vs without, and also with ENB but without SSAO, in case you don't like the extra darkening/shadows.

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wMPIKX ... sp=sharing

Installation Notes (Trainz Specific)

- Locate your top-level Trainz folder. Note here you will also have a folder called "bin".
- Extract/copy the files from the archive into Both this folder and the bin folder.
- If you want to edit mod, you Have to edit enbseries.ini in the top-level foler Only!

Testing Notes:
- You need quite a good GPU to run it, also at least 1-2GB VRAM (less if lower resolution).
I am using RX 580 from AMD, this gets 50 FPS at 2560 x 1080 + 2x AA, but sometimes I cannot get more than 30-35 FPS in some areas. This depends on the number of objects in an area.
- AntiAliasing only works with 2x or 4x from the game settings. If you want higher you cannot force driver settings because it breaks some depth buffers etc, I don't know exactly.
- Use Shift+F10 if you don't want SSAO effect - also to get a 15 FPS boost :)
- Use Shift+F12 like always to enable/disable the ENB.
- I have limited the maximum FPS to 50 to have consistent FPS in different areas. You can change the last lines in enbseries.ini if you want otherwise.

Other
- If you want to add this to the game list on ENB site I would be happy, knowing that fans of this game can find it easily :)
- You can redistribute, modify the configs as you want, just give some credit to original authors, but also according to Boris's original License.