Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

I'm on the patch of finishing my config... Really trying to close it down now, so I can release it.. please stay tuned

And I'm sorry for my silence on this forum. I just simply don't have enough time to spend here. Which really bugs me, cause I really want to be part of this community... Real life is in my way :-/

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

Glad to hear you are makring progess :) And real life comes always first.

best regards (vänliga hälsningar)
Hardware: i5 4670k@4.5ghz, 8gb ram@2ghz, 680 2gb@1.25ghz (cpu,gpu and ram watercooled), 3xintel g2 ssd 80g, 5tb WD storage, Xonar Essence, Seasonic 1k Platinum, 305t@2560x1600, Software: win 8.1, Geforce 337.50 driver, UNi Xonar 1.72 Driver

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here's some work in progress.. SO close to finish this config... Haven't tried the new mist yet

My Skyrim ENB

Those pics look great Kalicola!

Are you still planning on uploading a video? The last video looks muddy to me in both I.E. and chrome (doesn't have the clarity that the thumbnail image has)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes I still plan on upload some more videos.. I don't think I will upload that whiterun again. Might make a new whiterun video though, as I'm still experimenting with how to get the best out of youtube.

My Skyrim ENB

Yo, I've been using your amazing 1.0 preset for the better part of a year (and using T.A.Z. ENB before that) and wanted to see how 2.0 compared. Screenshots in links below:

Tundra:
1.0 vs 2.0

Whiterun Wind District:
1.0 vs 2.0

Whiterun Plains District:
1.0 vs 2.0

Whiterun Entrance:
1.0 vs 2.0

Yeah... I'm sorry to say 2.0 just isn't on the same level of deliciousness to me. =\ To be honest, I thought 1.0 was so good that I had a mind to keep using it, even if it meant having to forgo the amazing improvements in ENB since then. But it turns out I can't even do that - my 1.0 has been afflicted by the same problem mentioned by Megerko and Ogata earlier in this thread, with horrid ssao/dof bugs (link) or issues with sunrays (link) caused by god knows what. It's super disappointing and I don't know what can be done about it.

By the way... do you have any idea what it is about 1.0 that prevents wrinkles from being "smeared out" in shadowed areas? Check the difference: 1.0 vs 2.0
Even other modern killer ENBs have trouble with it, so that was surprising to see.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Sorry that it's a bit negative - I'm thankful of what you've been doing and especially all the hours of fun I had with this preset. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

August: Thanks alot for that post and comparison. I've never compared the two myself. I might begin to do that, cause I do agree that some things works a little better in v1, like pointlights and fire. But the blue tint makes everything look a bit too flat. And v1 also comes with some annoying problems due to the eye adaptation, meaning that it will darken the screen too much if you conjure a weapon, or use flames.

v2 is much more balanced for all weather types, and is much more true to vanilla colors... And now that I look at your screenshots, I can see that it has changed alot from my original vision. I'd like to think of it, as I'm getting better tweaking ENB :-) But clearly some other things have affected and changed my vision, like watching the Hobbit made me want to try and replicate the awesome lighting from that movie, especially the night scenes.

So I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not gonna hit the look from v1 again, I have changed SO much, that I don't think I can get that look back, even if I wanted.

Again, thanks for making this post, and sorry for the late answer. I don't get any notifications anywhere telling me that I have a new reply, and I'm not very active in this forum at the moment I'm afraid

Here's an updated version of 2 :-)
http://www.2shared.com/file/RDEKVidl/Ka ... cs_EN.html

My Skyrim ENB