Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

Hi all

Time for me to share my ENB config with you guys.. It is still a work in progress. But it's getting really close to final... Right now I am testing it out myself by actually playing the game, to make the final tweaks. But it should still be good enough for you to try out..

Stuff I still need to do: is getting sunsets and sunrises to work without ruining the nights. And my nights might still need some more work.. Then I have the challenge of bloom/lens flare, that seems to go nuts in snow caves. Not sure if I can fix that without ruining the general bloom/flares. Then theres the small flickering from SSAO, not sure if I can fix that either.

And then there's the name of my config.. For now it's "Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB". Please let me know what you think about that :)

Kalicolas Enhanced Graphics ENB v1.0

Enjoy the trailer
http://youtu.be/FjhYMCFi8sg?hd=1

I will update this page when I upload my final version. And thanks to all who will give it a go, and please let me know what you think. All comments good or bad will be much appriciated, thanks!

Here's a few of the latest screenshots..

These images are out of date, but this is still the look I'm going for, so my releases shouldn't be THAT different from the screens below

Last edited by kalicola on 19 Jun 2012, 11:32, edited 15 times in total.

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*sensei*

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

Sweet setup! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

will you update it with the grassbugfix ENB v.0109beta?
this is my absolutly favourite setting because ALL the other ENB settings on Nexus and here make the game indoors and at night way to greenish or adds to much orange over the -whole- screen. and with grass issues i dont wanna use enbs..

*master*

1.09 works with all previous 1.02 / 1.03 configs.

Very nice config Kalicola, looks a little bit like Carpe Diem from Feddorz.
Did you find a way to fix the greay waterfalls yet? Noone ansered your question except for UW and its not the palette.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Joey4track: Thanks mate :)

IVIessiah: I've tried 1.09beta, and it does fix the grass bug, and runs better.. But you have to run another program along skyrim for it to work, and I don't know. I will rather get my 1.02 version finished, before I make a 1.09 version. I want to keep my focus on 1.02 for now.

Samurai: No, I still have gray waterwalls :( Don't know how to fix it, I haven't reseached it yet..

My Skyrim ENB

Silvist

Heyo everyone,

First off I just wanted to say I've been dying for you to release your set up kalicola. I didn't even think you were going to release it LOL. Been checking the boards pretty frequently for quite some time; since I found out about ENB. The reason I've been dying for your configuration, is because IMO you had hands down the best screen shots I've ever seen on here. I'm going to try it out right now, and I was curious if you used RL or not? Reason being is lately I have no idea why, my rig has taken a HUGE performance hit.

I'm used to using super RL enb, with just Bokeh DOF, and SMAA (using inspector for all the other stuff such as amb occ). Usually I get about 30-40 fps outside, and 50-60. Now for some unknown reason I've shot down to 20 outside, and about 22 inside. I've actually seen alot of people out there in skyrim having the same issue, even people who do mod reviews lol. I think yet again Skyrim is patching through steam without telling us, and screwing our configurations. My system I literally just build a month ago, and has a completely fresh install of win 7 x64.

I just recall all your comments about tweaking and what not to achieve maximum quality with max performance. Regardless I look forward to trying this out, and to anything you release. Thanks again for all the hard work!

Edit & Update:
All I can say is WOW! I really like your configuration even more after trying it out, Kalicola! I have no idea why, but after I used amb occ in enb/AA x16 in the enb, and not in the inspector; I achieved MUCH higher fps. I tested this was my usual super RL enb config, and it got it back to where I remembered it.

Though yours hands down has better performance, and I really like the palette your using. Seems to make fire or light stand out alot, which I'm a huge fan of in dark dungeons lol. I'm getting about 25-35 fps outside on Ultra high settings, with the HQ res pack, and Vurts HQ flora. Inside i'm getting 35-60 fps! The only thing that sucks is DOF still give me a large performance hit, and despite how much I love it, I had to disable it. What I've been trying to figure out with all ENB configs is what cause metal armor to have like a glint or shine to it. I also noticed that some ENB add like a smooth, gloss, or oiled look to flesh (not sure how that's achieved).

I'm also using the beta drivers from Nvidia the 301.24 ones. Using SMAA injector, instead of FXAA (because I still achieve better fps with SMAA).

Just so you, and anyone else interested in this config knows. Here's my system specs:

Intel I-5 2400 3.1 ghz
Corsair 4 gig DDR3 1.6 ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Sony Bravia 36 Inch @ 1900x1200 res

Hey i just wanna say ive been using your Config today and i love it! Great performance aswell as great visuals. Also what mods do you use along with ENB? Sometimes i get these weird lines, what are they and can i get rid of them? (there very feint in the image and you have to zoom) http://i.imgur.com/XWuUI.jpg
And how do i turn off the focus when you look at a an object that is closer to you than the background.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nooo! I just wrote a long comment update for you guys with a mod list and all. Then I clicked submit, and then it wanted me to log in. damn :)

I'll get back to you later, right now I have to work.

Stay tuned!

My Skyrim ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Silvist: I'm happy to hear that you like my settings even though it's not done yet. It makes me want to do even better :) Thanks.

Right now I am struggling with the sun intensity. I just can't seem to get it right without using a custom sun glare, so I will include that if I end up using it.. I have improved the nights/dungeons and depht of field, I'm getting pretty satisfied now..

I have moved on to enb version 1.09 beta, as it runs better, looks better, and fixes the grass shadow problem. The indirect lighting alone makes the upgrade worth it. And I've seen a preview of Boris' new shadow technology, which looks totally awesome! So I won't be releasing my 1.02 version as it is now. I would rather make and even more awesome 1.09 setting with all these new cool features.. We'll see what happens.

As far as framerate goes, mine goes down to about 22-24 at worst in whiterun (I miss skyboost). And when I record video for my enb trailer it drops down to 16-18fps in whiterun, and that is very bad!! But I'm not removing SSAO, SSIL or DOF, as those thing are the ones that makes this game shine.. I have a 570 geforce card, and I play on High settings. I want to go ultra, but with enb it is just not possible.. So I'll do as much as I can to make my enb run as fast as I can without comprimising quality of the visuals.

benjanini61: Thanks! Glad you like it :) The wierd stripes in the grass is something that came with the 1.5 update patch as far as I know. It is fixed in enb version 1.09, which I am playing around with at the moment, so that's good news..

To remove the focus thing.. Open up the file called "enbseries.ini" in there around the top should be a line called depth of field=true or something.. Change true to false, and save, and that's it :) Hope that helped

I will list some of my most importent mods that I use, at a later time, alright.

Stay tuned!

My Skyrim ENB

Thanks alot Kalicola for your response and im gunna go get 1.09 beta now :D cant wait!
Quick question also, to use ENB 1.09 along with your config do i just install 1.09 first and then paste in your files and replace any which ask to be replaced?