Black Mesa Dark CornersENB v1.0

share your configuration files
  • Author

Black Mesa Dark CornersENB v1.0

I never liked how bright Black Mesa tends to be. There are supposed to only be emergency lights running once the facility goes dark, and yet those lights normally fill the room, and visibility is a non-issue. As a result, I've put together a simple preset using Skullsaber's Bluish Grey Gun color palate meant to make the game far more moody and dark- more fitting of the actual level of light in the room, and then taken slightly overboard for more of a horror vibe. I recommend you crank up your monitor's contrast and bring your in-game brightness levels down to the point where the middle example text is practically unreadable. That's how I got these screenshots. It should be noted that FRAPS appears to have a significant effect on the image, and the results look far more natural in-game. You really need to look in-game to see what it's like.

I have SSAO disabled because I was getting all sorts of strange issues with it. Feel free to check if it works properly for you.

Download

Re: Black Mesa Dark CornersENB v1.0

...could someone explain to me how to take more accurate screenshots? The pictures uploaded now in no way represent this ENB's in-game appearence.