Insomnia CGI ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Insomnia CGI ENB

I just want to report my experience withe this enb-preset:
(Im using ELE-interior lightnig and Relighting Skyrim for lightnig so maybe it looks a bit different for me).

First the positive things:
+Your enb is very balanced. Many enbs have the problem that they look amazing with some weather or at some time, but dont look so good at others. Your enb doesnt have that "weakspots" it looks good under every
situation I've encountered
+Doesnt eat to many fps
+Amazing!!! sunset/sunrise
+I just had the most amazing dagon-battle in my skyrim history. Theres really nothing more epic than the moment when you see and fight a fire-dragon at a rainy sunset. And when the skyrim theme music starts i was just like :shock: WOW
+I dont know what you do with the black but it looks really good
+Great for screenshots
+GUI

And now the negative:
- The water looks sometimes like melted gummi-bears. YUM :D (Im using rw2)
- in some cases it looks a bit too extrem
- Nights are too bright (just my personal opinion)
-Strange adaption/bloom. Sometimes the sky gets so "washed out" that i cant tell the difference between the sky and clouds.

+/- noise/dithering Some like it, some not.

Generally i would say that this is one of the best enbs i played with. Its has some negative points but i would still put it under the first three on my favourite enb list.
And one last thing: I would use smaa and not fxaa, because it is sharper and a bit better.

So thank you for sharing this great enb preset with us
snsmac

p.s : DoF works and looks good

Every Time i run Skyrim with this ENB,it immediately crashes even before the loading screen,Im a newbie with ENB's,so i dunno how to solve this problem,any thoughts ?

@Janlas
Is it with every enb or only with this?

Only with this ENB.

Ok.
To test if you have problems with SweetFX:
Open enblocla.ini and change the line"EnableProxyLibrary=true"to"EnableProxyLibrary=false"

*sensei*

Janlas
If you're not even getting to the Skyrim main manu then, as snsmac says, it's SweetFX related. Open up SweetFX_Settings.txt and disable FXAA byt setting that to 0.
It uses a slightly dfferent SweetFX injector dll from other presets.

snsmac
Thank you very much for your feedback!
I wanted the sunsets to be rememberable, even after you exit the game. The dragon action scenery you described sounds very cool. :)

I think, apart from skin, water is amongst the hardest thing to tweak in a preset. I don't remember what water mod I have. And ENB water tweaks is based on what mod you're using and what textures you have.
The adaptation is, well, insufficient. HD6 old adaptation isn't exactly flawless. I was planning on trying Kyos adaptation code cuz he did something quite cool with it, but I never got the lead out of my ass.
Also I've been hearing the game is too dark. :lol: So I guess I can't change that at all.

Thank you very much! :)
CGI ENB

I tried both of your suggestions,but the game still crashes even before the bethesda logo :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey Tobi - The DOF works fine for me. Been using your settings for CGI as well as my own Malacath preset and works fine in both. I don't have any issues with the water (rather like it) or the darkness levels (if I need more light inside for screenshots I just up a few things or light a torch). I suspect changing your darkness levels would have a big impact on the overall look and feel of the preset. So you may want to consider what you do as I think the overall look is awesome and would hate to see it loose its extreme settings which help make it so cool looking. But then I tend to like more extremes, and I am willing to pay the price for some highs and lows on a preset ... versus making things blander for mass appeal. Still I am not familiar with all your settings so I know you would be the best judge of what you might be able to tweak in regards to lighting :)

Nights - well that is all a matter of taste. I happen to like really bright fantasy style nights (just look at my own presets :p ) so overall no real problems. On the other hand if there is a problem I tend to know how to fix it on the fly.

Keep up the nice job! I am alternating your preset with my own right now and really enjoy it (as you know from all my flickr shots and recent stories on Nexus using it). But I have been amiss with not tweaking my own preset so need to switch back to that for a bit.

*sensei*

Janlas wrote:I tried both of your suggestions,but the game still crashes even before the bethesda logo :(
What version did you try? And have you tried other versions? Please keep trying so that I can determine what the heck the problem is. :)

WGD
Thank you!! :)
About the lighting, it's quite difficult. Especially indoors. I entered Meridias dungeon last night for some shots and saw that the place was etremely dark, even on my bright monitor. But if I'd tweak that weather ID then taverns would look like shit. I dunno what to do with that honestly. All in all I think dungeons should be dark and not like vanilla. But not pitch black.
I know some weathers still ned some tweaking though. I know one of the two mist IDs has overbright point lighting intensity int night. I wish there was an interior lighting override switch somewhere in the weather inis. :(

I did brighten things up in 1.1 and decreased the black contrasts but I think it was quite natural to go there. I think the black levels are fine right now. Next big thing I want to attend to is the adaptation. But that's quite tricky. There are alot of different stuff out there. And Prod just released his own HDR adaptation code.
And sharpening is always interesting. ;)

Thanks for support Jon!
CGI ENB

I did try both the 1.1 and 1.01 version,but both caused the same problem.