Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX - ENB 149

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Enhanced Shaders - VANILLA PLUS & PURE ENB

tapioks: Thanks.. Speaking of colors. Where do I control the colors of the ENB? To be honest, I have tried all those enb settings from the gallery topic. Legacy, confidence man and even Gionights. The images looks amazing, almost like paintings , but when I use them, the colors just lag contrast, and is way too yellow or orange, makes the green grass look yellow and washed out, and it sticks out. Even Gionights settings lag contrast, and has washed out colors, and way too bright nights by the way..

I spend a long time trying to adjust all these settings in enbseries.ini and those few settings in the top of effects.ini to make it look better, and it does fix alot, but it never fixes the color overlay. And everytime I switch back to your vanilla plus (with my own minor tweeks) it all looks sooo much better, especially the colors and contrast. But then I have the problem with the adaptation which is a pain in the ass to look at.

So how do I control the colors of the ENB settings? Or maybe I am missing something in my geforce settings perhaps. Is there a guide how to setup your geforce right?

I was so excited when Gionight released his config yesterday, only to get really disapointed that it didn't look like the screenshots, so now I'm on vanilla plus again (which totally rocks by the way).

And I'm sorry for all these questions, but you are one of those few, who actually gets back to people when they write you, so thank you very much for that :)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You can adjust overall color saturation by opening enbeffect.fx in a text editor and editing the following line under the '//POSTPROCESS 2' section:

float EColorSaturationV2=1.1;

Set to '1.0' for neutral saturation, or increase for more saturation

You can also try increasing this for more contrast, though it's not 'exactly' contrast per se:

float EToneMappingCurveV2=9.0; <-- change in small increments, like 0.5

Other than that, the only way to directly affect the hues (colors) used is through a Palette Texture. You can try one of the palettes I created for the 'Palette' version of Skyrim EnhancedShaders. The enbseries.ini allows you to adjust the intensity, saturation and gamma curve of many colors in the game, but not 'hue' directly.

The reason the 'pure ENB' colors look more 'basic' or 'primary' is because this version (and most other presets out there) remove the vanilla game's 'color correction' to reveal the true underlying colors of items and light in the game. The 'color correction' in the vanilla game takes the raw images and 'stylizes' it in a number of ways, i.e. adding cyan tint and other palette adjustments, decreasing saturation, increasing contrast, the adaptation (eye adjustment) etc. This is why the colors in 'Vanilla Plus' are more similar to the default game; it keeps the vanilla color correction while adding ENB effects on top. Also, your GeForce settings shouldn't have any real impact on the colors.

No problem on questions, there is a lot to try to understand when working with ENB ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks. So the secret is really in the palette, if I want to change the colors.

Tell me if I understand this right. To get more yellow sunlight, I need to make the palette more yellow in the right side (the light side). And if I want to shadows to be more bluish, I need to make the left side of the palette more blue.. Is that how it works?

Anyways, it's unbelievable hos enb makes this game look. My settings are awesome, I kept spaming the screenshot button last time I played. I might even share my settings. Right now it's a mix between yours and gionights settings.

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just updated my Pure ENB release. I'm going for 'natural but playable'; not too bright and not too dark:)

Here are some new screenies:

xxlinkxx

Thanks for your hard work, look forward to using your settings on Skyrim! :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Some pics of my latest PureENB release (102L). Trying to go for a more 'natural' rather than 'fantastical' feeling. And I can't stand too much 'haze' either ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here's a Day Cycle Demo video of my latest Pure ENB release (102M):

>>>> SES Pure ENB Beta 102M - Day Cycle Demo Video <<<<

....and a few pics:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here's a few of my latest WIP config:

Tyomanator

Tested 102M. Great effects, fantastic sunglare (at my forum the users commented screenshots as "nearly photographic"). But in general config seemed a bit over-contrasted and down-brightened (the 102L seemed really overbrightened and not so contrast). Espetially dark it was during snow-storm in the mountains (even more dark then with Realistic Lighting w/o Postprocessing mod, which is generally dark). The sun was on the sky (5 PM ingame), but it was as dark as night in 102L, had to use torch/Candlelight to see the way.

Maybe you can show me the way to manage contrast things in the configs, in just a few words? I'd like to make some experiments with the contrast, and it'll be honor for me to share the results to you, if you'd like.

Will copy this post to Nexus discussion on your mod. And thank you for the great work you've already done.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just copying over my response from the Nexus:

@Tyomanator

Glad you like it! For contrast, there is no direct control just for 'contrast', but you can try playing with the following in the enbeffect.fx:

float EIntensityContrastV2=1.2;

Again, increase or decrease by 0.1.

You can also try adjusting the lighting 'curves' in the enbseries.ini, which are SIMILAR to contrast. For example:

DirectLightingCurveDay=1.3

Again, increase or decrease by 0.1 at a time.