Opethfeldt ENB config

share your configuration files
  • Author
*master*

Re: Opethfeldt ENB config

Maybe the patch overwrite your skyrimprefs.ini, check for "bFloatPointRenderTarget=1".

I added a preset especially for Crossfire too (v3.1), because Crossfire disable Adaptation and make the game very bright, at least for me.

If none of these are the problem, you need to be more specific.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Opethfeldt! Just wanted to comment over here as well as in the SES thhread:

Thanks for your work with the enbeffect.fx file that I am using in my latest Pure ENB release. I didn't realize that day/night separation in the enbeffect.fx was your handiwork, let me give you the full credit you deserve for setting that up! It offers a great deal more control for fine-tuning settings for day and night scenes.

Without these separations, I often found myself having to 'settle' for a value that was not ideal for either day nor night, but a value that just looked 'good enough' for both day and night. I mean that if I configured the enbeffect.fx variables to look 'ideal' during a daytime scene, this would often have a negative impact on night time scenes. With the separations, these can be set independently and there is less 'compromise' required. Thanks a million! Will add credits to the mod page and documentation over at the Nexus as well ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey Opethfeldt, I finally got around testing your set yesterday and just wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying you work. Your set is original and refreshing, and it's easy to see that you had a clear artistic vision of what you wanted to achieve. I hope you will keep up the good work and keep on polishing the set even further!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've found in some conditions the values will sort of spill over, so e.g. if I fix the bright water and smoke at night with a high tonemapping curve or lower brightness, during the day even when it's partly cloudy it'll affect the light levels in a way that's undesireable. Man I hope we can fix the water with the CK.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm it's probably because the night-time settings are used even during daytime when it gets dark enough, ie. especially in foggy or rainy weather. Have you tried playing around with the [NIGHTDAY] detector levels and curves?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I mean even with light clouds (not stormy), normally it darkens very slightly compared to a completely clear sky, but with the changes I make to the night values (which are rather extreme to counteract the bright water) it seems to drastically increase the levels of darkness with any weather except clear blue sky.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

I'm glad you liked it, mindflux, thanks for your words, tapioks you too.

And Confidence-man, you are right, but like mindflux said, you need to alter the [NIGHTDAY] in enbseries.ini, it very tricky and I dont fully understand how it works, for example you can even make that rainy or storm weather use daylight settings, but then the mayority of caves and dungeons will use daylight too. Always a win-loose situation, all because of this damn bright water :lol:

miscsubbin

I cannot get SSAO to work at all. Any idea what might be causing this? Everything else looks great, and I would love to get the rest working.

Thanks in advance.

*master*

miscsubbin:
No idea what could be. Is just my preset? . Try deleting your skyrimprefs.ini, skyrim.ini (backup first) and run the launcher again.

First time poster. Before I start spamming you all with a myriad of screens, I wanted to say thank you to (a) Boris and (b) Opethfeldt (after trying out several presets, I ended up using yours based on your screenies and the day/night parameter separation in the enb files...).
Ancient Dragon 1 of 2
Ancient Dragon 1 of 2
Ancient Dragon 2 of 2
Ancient Dragon 2 of 2